The most beautiful curls I'd ever seen - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 25, '08 by WildcatFanRNThank you for sharing this story, such a big heart you have.
- Aug 26, '08 by LeeleesmomI thank God there are people like you!
- Sep 2, '08 by BarbraJeanI'm a Homecare Nurse here in Brampton Ontario, Canada. Most nof my patients get better & are discharged but I'm alsi the Palliative Nurse as well with patient ages ranging from 8 weeks to 50's. I have 4 little ones, 8 weeks, 26 months & 13 years that won't be with us for long. They weren't the first & certainly won't be the last BUT each & every one of them is etched in my heart. I can empathize & fully understand your feelings behind your story. I think it is what makes us unique in what we do. I've been Nursing for 25 years, retire in 3 but I will never forget "my little ones".:redpinkhe
- Sep 3, '08 by janfrnLast night we had a boy with multiple special needs transported to us by air ambulance after having a fall in the tub and 30 minutes of ACLS. We did everything we could for that boy, but were too late to make a difference. After he died, around 3 am, we learned that he was the same boy pictured on a poster we had hanging at our nurses' station celebrating the advances being made locally in treating severe spasticity and dystonia. It was a very sobering moment for all of us.
- Sep 3, '08 by kessadawnwow, how sad, jan.
- Sep 3, '08 by janfrnWhen his extended family came into the unit after we'd cleaned him up and moved him to a private room, they looked like ghosts. The feeling of defeat rolled off them like a cloud and it broke my heart. I still have a knot in my throat when I see them in my mind.
- Sep 17, '08 by pirello77Your story brought tears to my eyes. As a mother and future Peds nurse it really touched my heart.
Thank you for sharing.
- Sep 17, '08 by Lorie P.thanks for such a powerful and emotional story!! thank you for being his nurse!
- Sep 17, '08 by amazingalohaI am so touched with this story. I am not a licensed nurse yet, still working on to pass nclex but this kinda reminds me of my clinical experience in MICU when my pt was called on code. It was a chaos. My first time to see a person died in front of me.
- Sep 17, '08 by CountyRatThank you.