Full Circle, my First Year of Nursing - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 5, '08 by VickyRNWonderful!
- Jan 5, '08 by Maxie2WeeBaby..thank you for taking the time to share your first year experience. I was very touched and finished reading your post with tears in my eyes. Monday is my first day of nursing school after a 21 year career in another health field. I know I will think of your encouraging and reaffirming words often over the next couple of years.
- Jan 5, '08 by FireStarterRNWhat a wonderful post, you should submit it to a nursing journal!!!
- Jan 5, '08 by kettstunurseI graduate in April '08 and am scared to death. I am beginning my last semester on Jan 7th and am doing my clinical in the CCU. Do I know enough, will I embarrass myself? When does it all click? When does this time management stuff begin to happen? There's not enough time in the day for everything. Thanks for your post, I have a better idea of where I am heading.
- Jan 5, '08 by mb1949wow, what a beautiful post, I just finished by first semester of nursing school in adn program, 3 more semesters to go and I am so filled with self doubt did I learn enough? can I do better but one thing I never doubted from the very first day of clinicals, was what a special bunch of human beings nurses are, I love it!!!!!!!!!! and your post just reinforced that feeling, you made my day :redpinkhe
- Jan 5, '08 by Want to be a Nurse!Thanks for the great writing! I want to become an RN. I have awhile to go as I haven't even started my pre-requisites. But, hey I gotta start somewhere. One step at a time. I will definitely be logging on to this site for lots of motavation!
- Jan 5, '08 by oramarIf only more new nurses could have experiences like this. Obviously this was a fairly supportive enviroment with reasonable workloads and good pay and benefits. This nurse did experince some distress but that is to be expected as long as it stays within reason. There are far, far to many people dropping out before they even get started and you can lay the blame at the door of managment. They can keep as many nurses as they choose to in the profession but they just choose not to do so.
- Jan 5, '08 by KckStrtWOW.. thank you for posting that, makes me WANT to go to work on Monday...
I am still scared and can't think sometimes!
- Jan 6, '08 by SuperStockRNThat was great to read your post! I am an ER RN- 2.5 yrs into it, and I just realized how much I love my job within this last 6 months, so I am so happy to see that you had a similar course... maybe it wasn't "just me"!
- Jan 6, '08 by sabrena23I can't tell you why I was drawn to your article but I will tell you this...I have only completed semester 1 of my nursing school and just reading your article motivated me to an extent I did not know was possible. Thank you thank so much... Congrats and keep up the good work...I can't wait to read about next year