A Father's Tears - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 18, '08 by macspudsI am most grateful to this father for having the courage to share these thoughts with others.
This article has brought tears to my eyes as well.
How wonderful it is to see the other side of an event such as this.
May the blessings of The Great One go with this family.
- Sep 18, '08 by Roy FokkerDamn! Maybe it's the long shifts I've been working or maybe it's the fact that my Father's birthday is coming up ... but it reminded me of something that has long been a "family secret" which also incidentally concerns myself, my brother and our Father.
Father's never been a very "emotional person" around us - but deep down inside, I know he hurts and grieves on certain days of the year.
Your article allowed me to catch a glimpse of what his world must be like.
- Sep 20, '08 by KaroSnowQueenMy youngest DS had a stillborn baby, 17 wks early. His mourning was actually mocked by his beloved's parents. Thank you for your story.
- Sep 20, '08 by mandykalwow, you made this guy cry!
- Sep 21, '08 by naners0978I'm crying now. Thank you for posting that. Daddies love their babies just as much as a mother.
- Sep 21, '08 by skilledteacherThank you for your story. I just sat and wept as I read the last several sentences to your experience. It is truly striking and meaningful. Having miscarried myself I find this story strengthening and almost consoling. My husband never grieved nor felt it was okay or appropriate to do so. It is sometimes so hard for men to let down the expectations society has for them and just let the emotions flow in and out. This is truly a beautiful inspiring story. Thank you so much for sharing it with others.:heartbeat
- Sep 21, '08 by Midwest4meIncredibly touching; thank you for sharing it!
- Sep 23, '08 by oceanstar08As someone who has lost four babies, this story touched me and made me realize that I was not the only one that was hurting. Thank you.
- Sep 25, '08 by kendall16Thank you for sharing such a story. Reading it was heart wrenching but it opened up my eyes to making sure to include and think about the father of child that has passed on. I am going into nursing and am really glad that you posted this story, you have a wonderful way of writing.
- Sep 27, '08 by CVSICU_RNAll I can say is thanks for sharing your experience. I was moved to tears by your story. It is nurses like you that make us all remember why we are here!! You were able to ease both a mother's and father's pain through your own caring and compassion.