Fecal Transplant - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 8, '09 by creoQuote from robrnWe have done a fecal transplant with great success. However our hospital has subsequently asked that we never do this in the future. As we have no protocal for the procedure. Does anyone know of protocals or best practice articles that I could present to our administration?
We stopped it for the same reason:lack of protocols.
- Feb 21, '10 by robrnWe are on our way to doing fecal transplants for c-diff patients. Our protocol is in place and the IRB (instructional Review Board) has given us the OK. Stool transplants still remain the definitive care in patients with recurrent C-diff.
- Feb 21, '10 by XB9SThat's good news for you,
- Mar 20, '10 by skipper250What exactly is the procedure? Is it as simple (and gross) as it sounds? just poop in a bag from a donor, screen it, and then into the patient through an enema? Are there any major risks with this type of procedure?
Ive actualy read that colitis is also being cured through this and read another article about how there are bacterial links to celiacs and that some forms of IBS and celiacs (pending more research of course) could be cured through fecal transplants.
- Apr 1, '10 by diane227This was new to me also. We did the first one on our unit about a month ago.
- Apr 1, '10 by nursel56I read something about this approx. 2 years ago. I would like to know what the protocol for this would be. It does sound off-putting but if it works, I'm sure plenty of suffering c.diff patients will be happy to have the procedure!
- Apr 1, '10 by BumashesWow...just wow...
- May 19, '10 by Sandra12Anybody know of a Hospital in FL that does Fecal Transplants? My sister in laws mom is in bad shape and this maybe the only cure to her recurring C-diff. please help. Thanks.
- May 19, '10 by XB9SQuote from Sandra12I am really sorry about your sister in law but it would be inappropriate for anyone here to recommend a facility to you. Your sister needs to speak to her health care provider about her plan of careAnybody know of a Hospital in FL that does Fecal Transplants? My sister in laws mom is in bad shape and this maybe the only cure to her recurring C-diff. please help. Thanks.
- Sep 23, '10 by robrnI am happy to report that we have done 10 fecal transplants. All 10 have been successful 100%. Unfortunately I’m becoming the "king of poop”.