what happened to the search this section function?Register Today!
This is a discussion on what happened to the search this section function? in Frequently Asked Questions, part of Information Center ... You used to be able to go into a forum and click on a box on the right for searching that forum for...by Kitty Hawk May 3, '11You used to be able to go into a forum and click on a box on the right for searching that forum for keywords? Is that gone now? Is the only way to search is to use the large google box at the top of the page? If so, how do you narrow it to a particular forum, there's a list that pops up for refining the search, but it's rather limited and I know there are posts relating in that forum, I've seen some. Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=560823©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- May 3, '11 by vickybabymamaSomeone please answer this question! I've been wondering the same thing. The Google search bar is ridiculously unhelpful (unless you're willing to scroll through 100 pages of results).
- May 4, '11 by NRSKarenRNBelieve search feature is inactive while site is undergoing upgrade process. Will have out IT director confirm.
- May 9, '11 by P_RNThe IT administrator said:
currently it's only available for premium members
we may bring it back after the upgrade
- May 11, '11 by brianYes, the advanced search feature is quite server intensive and is only currently available to premium or platinum members.
The Google search bar is more helpful with the more keywords you use in your search. For example, add "2011" to the keywords you search if you want more recent results. Add the name of the forum you want to search or specialty etc...
Hope that helps. Thanks for your understanding.
- May 18, '11 by babyRN.Hey there, I'm a premium member but the search function isn't available to me anymore either...
- May 18, '11 by caliotter3Quote from babyRN.Or me.Hey there, I'm a premium member but the search function isn't available to me anymore either...