CNL (Clinical Nurse Leader) forum?Register Today!
This is a discussion on CNL (Clinical Nurse Leader) forum? in Frequently Asked Questions, part of Information Center ... Hi! I was wondering if it were possible to have a new specialty forum started for those of us...by melmarie23 Dec 6, '08Hi!
I was wondering if it were possible to have a new specialty forum started for those of us who are in a CNL program or for those who are already practicing CNLs? I am about to start my CNL program here in January and I think it would be very helpful to me, as well as for my peers, to have a board of our own to share experiences with one another. It would also be useful for us to talk with current CNLs and heed any advice they may have to offer us.
Thank you for your consideration.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=353416©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,663 Views
- Dec 27, '09 by misssrblakeHow is the CNL program going? I will be starting my program in Jan 2010 any words of advice??
- Dec 27, '09 by PureLifeRNI think this would be a great forum! I know a couple of friends (myself included) that are interested in the CNL program, but theres not a lot of information out there!
- Dec 28, '09 by melmarie23Hi missrblake. I responded to the CNL post in GNF, but will post again.
I am currently in a CNL program. I just finished my first year of two this past month. This next year we have our immersion/preceptorship in the institution where we will be next fall for our QI project. Up until this point, we have done the basic nursing courses (fundamentals, patho, pharm, OB, pedi, psych, med/surg, community health) as well have had a course on nursing theory, nursing change and health services and a research course. So as of yet, I cannot comment much on the CNL role as this final year, this is where we learn the bulk of that role, what it entails and matriculate into that role. An example of what this next years course work includes, including our clinical immersion/preceptorship, are courses in Health Care Systems & Leadership, Clinical Epidemiology and Decision Analysis, Promoting Quality Management, and our QI practicum. I can comment further as we progress through the upcoming year.
Words of advice? Just buckle down and be ready to work and study hard. But also have fun and make friends. I have become extremely close to those in my cohort and I dont think I could have made it this far without them. Get to know your peers and be there for each other. Become study buddies, and use each other wisely.
Be ready to relinquish come control. I don't know about you, but I am extremely anal on how I do things and like to organize my time. This program has taught me to throw that all out the window and become more flexible. For me, this has been one of the hardest aspects of my program.
Trust yourself. Know that you can do this and make it through this. Its going to be tough, not even going to lie. But you can and will make it though.
If I think of anything else, I will add later.
Best of luck to you!
- Dec 28, '09 by melmarie23Quote from PureLifeRNI think this would be a great forum! I know a couple of friends (myself included) that are interested in the CNL program, but theres not a lot of information out there!
I think so too, but I don't think we will have a forum any time soon. I posted this over a year ago, and nothing. I just don't know if there are enough of us on this site that the admins think is worth making a forum for at the moment.
- Dec 28, '09 by misssrblakeA forum would be great! Anything the gives more infor and opinions would be helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Feb 10, '10 by chendamoniA CNL forum would be perfect!