new NCLEX-RN passing standard: what's the impact?

World International

Published

hi. i've just joined allnurses.com and i would just like to know what is the impact of the new passing standard issued by NCSBN. does this mean that nclex will be harder when implemented come april 1, 2007? the 2007 test plan seems the same with the current test plan...if i missed something, what's the difference? i'm currently doing first tip of suzanne's plan for nclex so i'm kind of concerned if there are other reading materials i should go through after i finishing saunders.

anyone with helpful info please. thanks.

here's the official info release: https://www.ncsbn.org/1090.htm

The impact should be minimal. It is really not a very large increase in the passing standard. Minor adjustments like this occur every three years.

It is changing by a decimal point as far as passing, it should not make any difference to the way that you prepare for the exam.

thanks for the replies! i was also curious about this issue because il be taking the nclex-rn exam anytime from now. i just haven't registered to pearson yet. as always suzanne is there. :) you are a blessing. :saint:

yeah suzzane youre really a blessing to us nurses. ;)

Thank you for the kind words.:smilecoffeecup:

thanks a lot for your replies :) it really helped a lot bringing down my anxiety with nclex :)

Specializes in awaiting for Schedule A visa...

It will affect repeaters who always reached 265Qs....it will be harder for them....

Specializes in geriatric nursing.

:yeahthat:

It will affect repeaters who always reached 265Qs....it will be harder for them....

so just repeaters with 265 questions? what about repeaters in general...? i've read in other forums that some got 75 items but failed (although they say that those with 75, pass)...so what about them? those with 75 and failed, and those who failed not reaching 265 questions?

Specializes in geriatric nursing.

it will also affect those who failed in 75...

but if you really prepare well for this exam and you have a goal and a confidence with you, you can definitely make it though they increased the standards!...

to the test takers- dont think about the increased standard.. just study very well and know how to strategize. if you know the topic, you'll never be lost in answering the question. you should know the rationales.. bear in mind that you may not know everything.. but if you know how to use strategies, you can still answer questions with a wild guess..

goodluck!

Specializes in awaiting for Schedule A visa...
so just repeaters with 265 questions? what about repeaters in general...? i've read in other forums that some got 75 items but failed (although they say that those with 75, pass)...so what about them? those with 75 and failed, and those who failed not reaching 265 questions?

it will affect all repeaters....those who failed at 75 before will have a harder time again...those who failed at 265 before will have a harder time too....

Imagine that those who failed at 75, they failed miserably that the computer decided not to give anymore questions. It will be always harder for them, with increased passing score or not.

However, for 265 failers, unfortunate for them, they need extra effort than luck. If the logits passing were elevated, the 265 failers could fail at earlier than 265.

+ Add a Comment