Looking for test taking stratagies

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Good Morning,

The key word is, PRE or P R E P class. Through college I wasn't much of a test taker. I could write excellent papers, explain & sometime teach the material. Test taking was my weakness, so I just took test taking classes to build my skill. Oh, I pass the NCLEX the 1st time.

Treasure

Hello:

I'm a nursing student and I'm having a lot of throuble with test taking strategies. I would like to know if you have any sugestions for me, I try to look for classes but it looks that they don't offer it. Thanks

Sofy@

Thank you so much for all the tips. I have one more year to graduate, and I'm about to finish my second semester of nursing school. Is really hard for me because my first language is not english and I'm always thinking to much the question and considering different parts of the questions. But I'm going to read all the information you send me and hopefully I'll be successful.

Sofy@

i am reviewing for my licensure exam this december...is it normal to feel nausea and gurgling in my stomach, at this early on?

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

chapter 5 of saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination, 3rd edition, by linda anne silvestri has the strategy for answering nclex (application or critical thinking) type questions. it is only 7 pages long, but packed with everything you need to know. pages 9 and 10 of sandra smith's review for nclex-rn, 11th edition, by sandra smith, rn, ms also has test taking strategies on it.

https://allnurses.com/forums/2534994-post1.html - some humor

here are more web links to sites that have information on how to strategize in answering questions on tests

specifically regarding nursing tests:

general test taking strategy and skills:

how the instructors are taught to write test questions:

critical thinking:

:) Thanks!

Go to the Libaruray or even there are some online resources too! I haven't taken the test yet but my school MSB is making us take the pretest through out our schooling.

Good Morning,

The key word is, PRE or P R E P class. Through college I wasn't much of a test taker. I could write excellent papers, explain & sometime teach the material. Test taking was my weakness, so I just took test taking classes to build my skill. Oh, I pass the NCLEX the 1st time.

Treasure

Hello:

I'm a nursing student and I'm having a lot of throuble with test taking strategies. I would like to know if you have any sugestions for me, I try to look for classes but it looks that they don't offer it. Thanks

Sofy@

My test taking strategy is to remember that I know more than I think I do. Also, if you take a look at the bigger picture - remember that everything that you've worked for does not depend on one test - you will succeed if you have the desire. Think long-term.

i,ve opened one of your cited websites..ithe test taking strategies would help more students a lot..juz wanna say thanks for posting it..[quote]

Thank you for the helpful test taking tips

Thanks.. Ill Save This.. When Its My Turn To Take The Nclex.. Whenever That Is... Ha

Specializes in None.

Tests have always been the bane of my existence as well. I feel I would do wonderfully in nursing school if it wasn't for the fact that I had to take tests! (Particularly tests in Pathophysiology!) I just finished my first semester, and let me tell you, it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I need all the help--and support--I can get! AND PRAY FOR ME, PLEASE. I may not pass Patho. D:

+ Add a Comment