Personality Disorder Test...how do you stack up?

Specialties Psychiatric

Published

Specializes in Med-Surg, Geriatric, Behavioral Health.

Found this interesting test where it lays it out nicely. How high of a risk (low, moderate, high) are you in matching with current personality disorders? Gives a break down for you after you take the test, as well as providing a description of each disorder if you need to read more.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Questions TO ASK YOURSELF after seeing your profile:

1. If you are a nurse, how has this impacted your career and relationships?

2. As a nurse/student nurse interested in going into psychiatric nursing, can you perceive some difficulties for yourself depending on your profile risk? Is psychiatric nursing STILL a good option for you? Would you cause more harm than good?

3. After reading your profile, do your career and relationship difficulties seem to make a little more sense now?

Thanks-great test. I was relieved I didn't score high on any and the two I scored moderate on will be my little secret! LOL. I think Psych. nursings's been a great match for me. Thanks Thunder-I always enjoy your wit and knowledge.

Specializes in Psych, Med/Surg, LTC.

Great test, Wolfie! Thanks! Your questions really give us something to ponder.

Specializes in ICU, PICC Nurse, Nursing Supervisor.

according to this i need a room at the nearest psych unit:rotfl:

Specializes in mostly geriatrics, now learning psych.

Thank God I scored a "low" on everything! I think I'm really going to like psych nursing! I've always had an interest in psychology and human behavior!!!!!

Specializes in Med/Surge, Psych, LTC, Home Health.

Hmmm, neat test, I'll probably share it with some of my internet friends.

I scored "Moderate" on only two areas, and "Low" on the rest of them.

Wow, I actually scored low on everything. Is it weird that I am surprised by that? LOL.

Scored Low on everything!

Specializes in Public Health, DEI.
Scored Low on everything!

Oy. I didn't. I scored high on 2, one of which I refuse to mention since I know you're all out to get me and the other being narcissistic, with which I'd have to agree. The funny thing is that I just scored moderate for obsessive compulsive behavior, and if pressed, in reality I'd identify those behaviors as my biggest challenges in life.

I think I took the wrong test...someone told me I was a poet then asked for 10 dollars.

Specializes in Geriatrics, Cardiac, ICU.

How can this test be accurate? If a person lies all the time, as one of the questions asks, why would they answer these questions honestly?

Specializes in Public Health, DEI.
How can this test be accurate? If a person lies all the time, as one of the questions asks, why would they answer these questions honestly?

I guess because people who lie all the time tend to do it to other people. It isn't necessary to reveal the answers of this test to anyone else, so why would they answer these questions dishonestly?

+ Add a Comment