More Strange Baby Names

Specialties Ob/Gyn

Published

Specializes in L&D.

just had a unique baby name the other week....thought i'd share, and hope to continue this thread from earlier.... "strange baby names":

strawberry :roll (thank goodness this was changed by the adoptive parents)

~jennifer:chair:

admin note: edited to add links to the first two threads:

https://allnurses.com/ob-gyn-nursing/whats-the-weirdest-16017.html

My nephew is named Corbin - not unique by any stretch, but unusual for suburban Queensland where my sister grew up. We just call him Noddy :D

My son has just started a new school this year.....he is 12....one of the girls in his class is called Twilight!!

When I was a kid my cousins and I spent a lot of time dancing and singing etc in eisteddfods. We competed against two sisters called Nicky-Lee and Jodie-Lee Scully-Helsten. Not really odd..but having a hyphenated surname myself, I wonder about parents who inflict hyphenated names on their kids. If nothing else, it makes your signature soooo much longer!

Message deleted. No response necessary.

I've seen brothers called John Joseph and Joseph John.

My high school class valadictorian was a girl named Flynn.

Of all the unusual baby names I've heard in my life, the strangest remain "Little Johnnie Zig-Zag" and "Isle of Fantasy" Both children were named by rather unique parents in 1971, in the L&D where I completed my student nurses rotation. Reader's Digest published a little book entitled, "Remarkable Names of Real People." Some entries also include the person's occupation. If you ever get a chance to read it, it will supply a bit of insight into the lives of those babies with unusual names. They do grow up. 'Groaner Digger' became an undertaker. 'I.C. Shivers' became an iceman, and my personal favorite, 'Lavender Sidebottom' became a massage therapist. I fear to think what Little Johnnie and Isle will become!

Specializes in LTC, assisted living, med-surg, psych.

I ran across a name in the local paper recently, which I swear I am not making up: Barryl Chest. My sister, who's a legal assistant, says she knows the guy, and he even has a twin brother named Darryl. Did these poor dudes' parents not like them or something?

Hey frannybee- Corbin is the name of the hero (played by Bruce Willis) in the movie THE 5th ELEMENT. It's also the name of a little electric car made in right here in Holister,CA. Looks like a motorcycle with a colorful full body farring,one wheel in front and 2 in back

Isn't that guy on the rolling papers called Johnny Zig Zag?

I knew folks that named their son Krishna around that time.Jeez the kid suffered for it!

Specializes in ED staff.

I had an 18 year old patient, male whose name was Monique... pronounced Moe nee key.. poor kid.

Now come on, Monique is a beautiful French name, like Jaqueline, Aimee and Renee. LOL

+ Add a Comment