Any affordable LVN programs in the EAST BAY

U.S.A. California

Updated:   Published

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. I live in Fremont, Ca. and I'm trying to find an affordable LVN program. I already have a LVN program in mind but it is $19,000+. If you you know of any please let me know the name of the school, the cost, and how long their program is?

I know there are some R.O.P. schools down in SoCal that are around $2000 only and for 13 months.... does anyone know if we have programs like that around my area?

Thanks

Specializes in Emergency, Trauma, Critical Care.

Look for adult schools and other ROP schools. There is a program down here in southern california called redlands adult school. I believe it's under 3000 total, it takes about 18 months, but you only go to class 3 days a week, so you can work.

I shelled out 17000 for my program, and found out about that program after. I do wish I'd waited, but I don't regret it, I still got to my career.

Good luck!

I actually graduated from Redlands, and I don't think it cost me quite 3K, actually it was closer to 2K (this was about 6 years ago) it was an awesome experience, wonderful instructors. very stressful, but very enjoyable!

Hi, I am in the LVN program at a community college at Merritt College..It is about $450.00 a semester..You attend 3 semesters..So the total cost including books is $2000 for 3 semesters...It is a community college that is why it does not cost a lot..Plus you can get financial aid that will help or reduce your cost to nearly nothing..In the bay area, these are the schools that have a LVN program that cost about the same..They are all community colleges and are really inexpensive:

Mission College in Santa Clara, CA

Merritt College in Oakland, CA

City College of San Francisco,San Francisco CA

.In the bay area, these are the schools that have a LVN program that cost about the same..They are all community colleges and are really inexpensive:

Mission College in Santa Clara, CA

Merritt College in Oakland, CA

City College of San Francisco,San Francisco CA

That's true,they are inexpensive but the waiting list is almost a year after you finished your pre-req which mostly accept on a limited number of student around 60 or less/semester.

Nat

hey

im in union city california...ive completed all my prerequisites at csu east bay for the rn program. i got into csu bakersfield last sept and decided i didnt want to move down so far away from home and now i kinda regret cuz all other programs are impacted..lolzz..n e how, im now thinking of goin to lvn school and then attendin a csu to get mah bsn degree...i was thinkin of attendin nightingale nursing in san leandro..im not sure vip nursing has started their lvn program yet in san leandro...i think it was u who said that the program costs 15000 dollars...i mean thats still good compared to wat other private schools offer..for example unitek in fremont is up to 25000 now...

Hi Soon2. I too live in the east bay and am considering an lvn program and eventually rn. Whoever mentioned the community college programs is right but I do believe there is a waiting list. I was interested in programs that were accredited. There is Unitek (I don't know if they're accredited) in Fremont on Auto Mall Pkwy. Also the Western Career Colleges (San Leandro, Antioch and Sacramento and I think San Jose) I don't know how much they charge but you might qualify for grants (Pell). I also recall an ROP program in Contra Costa County. Good Luck

Just checked it out and San Jose has an ROP program. They're located at 760 Hillsdale Ave. They have an LVN program starting Jan '07. Hope this helps

Just checked it out and San Jose has an ROP program. They're located at 760 Hillsdale Ave. They have an LVN program starting Jan '07. Hope this helps

Just called the San Jose ROP and was told that they no longer offer the LVN program. Any body knows of other NON-CAREER LVN schools besides Mission College in the East/South Bay? Thanks. LB

:wink2:There is the Institute of Medical Education. They have two campuses, one in San Jose, and another in San Leandro. They have an LVN program, here is their page: http://www.imededu.com

Good Luck!

Where in Bay area 17,000, my dear? I would like to know to get my career started. Here in Bay Area begins from 27000 $. Thanks.

Where in Bay area 17,000, my dear? I would like to know to get my career started. Here in Bay Area begins from 27000 $. Thanks.

There is actually some programs under that $27,000 minimum that you thought...

Nightingale Nursing is actually around $18,000-19,000 and in San Leandro.

There are 2 Hayward nursing schools in Hayward that are 23,000-25,000.

So go check them out...

Where in the Bay are you? B/C these schools are in the East Bay where I am.

+ Add a Comment