New in Yuma Arizona Need Advice

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

Hi I am new here at Arizona Nurses Forum. An agency is trying to recruit me to work for a hospital in Yuma, Arizona. I am no familiar with the place. specially the cost of living. They are offering $22.00/hr with full benefits and differential pay. I am have only 1 year nursing experience and coming from the Philippines. Please guys introduce me Yuma county .

Used to work agency there quite a few years ago. It was actually one of the better hospitals to work for in the state. They were very pro staff and did everything to make things better for you.

You can take a look at the website for the hospital. They have grown considerably in size since I was there.

You are three hours from Phoenix, as well as three hours from San Diego, not much else in between. Mexico is about 20 miles away, so you will definitely be speaking Spanish at work. Great beaches in Mexico just aobut 1 1/2 hours away.

Hi I am new here at Arizona Nurses Forum. An agency is trying to recruit me to work for a hospital in Yuma, Arizona. I am no familiar with the place. specially the cost of living. They are offering $22.00/hr with full benefits and differential pay. I am have only 1 year nursing experience and coming from the Philippines. Please guys introduce me Yuma county .

I am also new here at Arizona Nurses Forum. I worked at the hospital in Yuma for 10 years, left about 5 years ago when we decided to move from Yuma. The hospital at that time was very staff friendly and add a great benefit package. In addition to differetial pay they had a bonus program for working extra shifts that was awesome. They are one of the few hospitals remaining that have a fully employer funded retirement plan.

The cost of living there is not bad, except perhaps the utility bills in the summer. It gets very hot there and you want to make sure you find a place with air conditioning and not just evaporative cooling, it's not hard to do. It is about 3 hours from San Diego, Phoenix, and Casa Grande and about 4 hours from Tucson. Flying in and out of Yuma can be expensive, but they offer shuttle service to the airport in Phoenix that is not too expensive.

I lived there for around 35 years, went all through school there. There are alot of great places to eat there. If you decide to move there, I will send you a list.

We didn't find there to be alot to do there, but suppose it depends on what you like to do. The crime rate was beginning to climb and the traffic was an issue, especially in the winter when the "snowbirds" (winter visitors) flock the town. I might want to repeat that the summers are very hot.

Will leave it at that for know, if you have specific questions, let me know.

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

Hello, I am not a nurse but I grew up in Yuma, AZ (lived there all my life). There is only one hospital calle YRMC (Yuma Regional Medical Center). It has grown tremendously and it is very nice indeed. The cost of living is very reasonable. Rent and even purchasing a home are very good. I am usure as to the pay for an RN, but can tell you that it is a very low cost place to live. I have then since moved to various states and it is no where like there. Best of luck to you. :)

My mom and family are still there and say the hospital has gotten even larger.

Here is the site so you can see: http://www.yumaregional.org/

I work at Yuma Regional Medical Center and LOVE IT ! It was my first travel position. I have since took full time position here and re-located. LOVE IT !

I am moving to Yuma by the end of the year. I graduated ADN in December 2008. Since moved to Japan with military husband and was unable to work as a nurse for 2 1/2 years. I started my BSN since I couldn't find work. I will graduate May 2012. My question is what are the chances that I will get hired in Yuma and what is the average pay? Previously to obtaining my ADN I worked as a surgical tech for 7 years. So, I am a new nurse, however, not new to the medical field.

Hello to all:-) I am looking into YRMC, as a seasonal RN. Well, I have never seen so much wonderful reports about 1 hospital! Any bads things about YRMC? I am looking for dry-hot weather, so its the place to go!

Thanks

Im considering relocating there. This hospital sounds promising.

Hi, please keep me posted. I have resigned from my full time job,but have other work. I am thinking of going to Yuma in January. I think I would like to go through May or so and take summer off, then return back in fall. Are you thinking of seasonal or relocating completely.

Thanks!

+ Add a Comment