How Do I Become a Forensic Nurse/Role of the Forensic Nurse - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 29, '08 by sirIThank you, nanacarol.
- Aug 2, '08 by cooliegirlSirI, does one need a masters degree to practice forensics? or can a ADN get certified and become a forensics nurse?
- Aug 3, '08 by sirIQuote from 2bnurse-1Hello, 2bnurse-1,SirI, does one need a masters degree to practice forensics? or can a ADN get certified and become a forensics nurse?
No, to practice as Forensic nurse does not require a Masters in Nursing. See my first post in this thread, here: permalink
Yes, you can become certified as ADN-prepared RN.
- Aug 3, '08 by sirIQuote from nanacarolHello, nanacarol,No, one does not have to have an advanced degree. For more information go to www.rnweb.com, June 2008 edition. Nanacarol
I did not find discussion in the June '08 edition of this site, anything about educational preparation as Forensic nurse. Could you provide a direct link?
I did find in that edition, a good article describing personal experiences as Forensic nurse, however.
- Sep 8, '08 by olliesmommy1005I'm currently a police officer taking nursing classes. I either want to get into forensic nursing (I've ALWAYS had an interest in forensics, that's why I got into police work to begin with...long story!) or into L&D...I know two different sides of the spectrum. But I'm taking my pre-reqs now and I'm going to focus on one or the other. So I'm trying to do my researh. Thanks in any info you can give/share with me!
- Sep 8, '08 by sirIGood luck, olliesmommy1005
Read through these threads and gather some research for later.
- Sep 15, '08 by sapnap11I am a 1st semester nursing student who is very interested in forensic nursing. Is this something that I can get certified with straight out of graduating with an MSN-RN or do I have to go to a specific program that offers an MSN in forensic nursing?