Forensic EducationRegister Today!
- by mstonna Jun 2, '01I am currently residing in East Texas and I am trying to find out where I can take cclasses in forensics.Does anyone have any idea where I can do that I have looked everywhere I think .Any help will be appreciated.
- 4,324 Views
- Jun 2, '01 by dsczephyrI am a student of the Mt Royal courses and am currently finishing "Forensic Practice & Prevention in the Clinical Setting." I recommend the courses if you like the idea of internet courses. There is also The University of Texas at Austin: http://www.utexas.edu/nursing/facilities/cc.html
- Jun 2, '01 by dsczephyrA PS to the above: The source of the above is the Kent-wilkinson Forensic Nursing Handbook which contains the following: "The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing Continuing Education Program course in forensic nursing. Note the number of modules available." However, after I posted the above I tried the link just to make sure of it; it did not work. I would suggest calling the University for information if you're interested.
- Feb 26, '02 by jonescThe School of Nursing at Duquesne University announces the Master of Science in Nursing with a Forensic Nursing specialization. Students will be accepted into the program beginning in the Summer term of 2002. This program prepares graduates to practice in multiple areas of Forensics - sexual assault nurse, nurse coroner, nurse investigator, forensic psychiatric nurse, forensic correctional/institutional nurse, clinical nurse specialist, legal nurse consultant or expert witness, among others. The program originated out of a collaborative effort with the Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and the Law based in the Law School at Duquesne University.
The classes are all online!!!
- Sep 6, '03 by Nurse89there hasn't been a post here in quite a while
the links aren't working either
anything new anybody?
- May 6, '05 by rdnkmomQuote from mstonnai realize this is an old thread so i don't know if you will even see this, but what the heck..where in east texas are you? i'm in Longview. I just received my LVN license today, and realize i have a long way to go, but since kids are fixing to be in college after next year i will have time to pursue further education. My goal is also to dabble in the forensics field. good luck in whatever you do.I am currently residing in East Texas and I am trying to find out where I can take cclasses in forensics.Does anyone have any idea where I can do that I have looked everywhere I think .Any help will be appreciated.
- May 23, '05 by legalnurse22Would like to get some input from the group on Kaplin's Forensic Nursing
course. I think it was DarC.RN who just finished. How was it? Would like to
compare it with other 0n-line courses. So any input from the group would be
appreciated. I've been a nurse for 26 years and also just became a Legal
Nurse Consultant and would like to add the criminal aspect to my LNC
- May 27, '05 by nursey_girlI have often heard that Kathy Bell out of Tulsa, OK. is the best. Lost her address, but a google search should bring her up.
- Jun 2, '05 by Student KellyThis is my first time on the forum so sorry if I'm not doing it right. Anyone have any info. on forensic nursing in Ohio? Seems that everything I have found is offered online only. Is this an effective training method?