- 0Jun 2, '01 by mstonnaI am currently residing in East Texas and I am trying to find out where I can take cclasses in forensics.Does anyone have any idea where I can do that I have looked everywhere I think .Any help will be appreciated.
- 4,529 Visits
- 0Jun 2, '01 by dsczephyrI am a student of the Mt Royal courses and am currently finishing "Forensic Practice & Prevention in the Clinical Setting." I recommend the courses if you like the idea of internet courses. There is also The University of Texas at Austin: http://www.utexas.edu/nursing/facilities/cc.html
- 0Jun 2, '01 by dsczephyrA PS to the above: The source of the above is the Kent-wilkinson Forensic Nursing Handbook which contains the following: "The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing Continuing Education Program course in forensic nursing. Note the number of modules available." However, after I posted the above I tried the link just to make sure of it; it did not work. I would suggest calling the University for information if you're interested.
- 0Feb 26, '02 by jonescThe School of Nursing at Duquesne University announces the Master of Science in Nursing with a Forensic Nursing specialization. Students will be accepted into the program beginning in the Summer term of 2002. This program prepares graduates to practice in multiple areas of Forensics - sexual assault nurse, nurse coroner, nurse investigator, forensic psychiatric nurse, forensic correctional/institutional nurse, clinical nurse specialist, legal nurse consultant or expert witness, among others. The program originated out of a collaborative effort with the Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and the Law based in the Law School at Duquesne University.
The classes are all online!!!
- 0May 6, '05 by krob0729Quote from mstonnai realize this is an old thread so i don't know if you will even see this, but what the heck..where in east texas are you? i'm in Longview. I just received my LVN license today, and realize i have a long way to go, but since kids are fixing to be in college after next year i will have time to pursue further education. My goal is also to dabble in the forensics field. good luck in whatever you do.I am currently residing in East Texas and I am trying to find out where I can take cclasses in forensics.Does anyone have any idea where I can do that I have looked everywhere I think .Any help will be appreciated.
- 0May 23, '05 by legalnurse22Would like to get some input from the group on Kaplin's Forensic Nursing
course. I think it was DarC.RN who just finished. How was it? Would like to
compare it with other 0n-line courses. So any input from the group would be
appreciated. I've been a nurse for 26 years and also just became a Legal
Nurse Consultant and would like to add the criminal aspect to my LNC