teaching tools for diabetic foot careRegister Today!
- by househome Jul 29, '08Hi everyone, I need a teaching tool for diabetics about foot care. Any suggestions? thanks,househome
- Aug 4, '08 by classicdameTry the free manual from Texas Diabetes Council - or your state might have one. Call local podiatrist for names of reps to get free stuff from. Healthedco and Krames and others offer printed material as well as models.
- Aug 4, '08 by llgDo a literature search of journal articles about the topic. You might find some great tools and/or links there.
- Aug 23, '08 by tjccdeTry www.bddiabetes.com
This is a link to a brochure that you can print, I believe you can also order them free.
- The Canadian and UK diabetes association have lovely tools. Try googling them.
- The B&D site didn't work for me.
- Hi folks
I have a question about sterilization of instruments for you private practitioners who do not have access to a hospital to sterilize your instruments..
Health Canada says all must be sterilized by either chemo sterilant or autoclave. That is very clear.
question 1. Once sterilized by chemo streilant, what do you do with the instruments? They can't be kept sterile and can't remain in the liquid forever
Question 2. For those ofyou who use the autoclaves that don't dry packages,( like the prestige), what then, They are sterilized but no longer sterile once out of the autoclave. Is this an issue? Or is it that they have to be sterilized to kills the viruses, fungi and bugs and can then be stored dry and clean, then used as is, or dothey have to be resterilized before use?
I really need help with this.