LPN/LVN foot care certificationRegister Today!
- by mariajer Oct 8, '12Finally!
A foot care course specially for LPNs is available at www.prof-educ.com. It is 10 modules, concise and easy to learn. But best of all, there is a specialty certification exam available now in foot care from NFLPN, the association, and I will come out with a FCNS, Foot Care Nurse Specialist, a foot care cert just for LPNs.
- 2,039 Views
- May 17 by NurseGrace27Is this acceptable in the state of CA? I need to know! Please help!
- May 17 by mariajerWe still have to be within our scope of practice but yes, it is acceptable. What do you want to do?
As soon as my personal situation clears up, I want to work in a podiatry clinic.
- May 17 by NurseGrace27I currently work in a podiatry clinic and our podiatrists want to do away with general nail care as most of the time its not a "medical need" and not covered by medicare. I am hoping to find a certification course or program -something along the lines to qualify the LVN for basic foot and nail care (mycotic nails, cracked dry skin etc)
I dont see anything on the CA board of vocational nursing regarding "intermediate" foot/nail care provided by the LVN -so I am unsure what is within the LVN scope of practice. Do you have anything in writing?
thanks for your help! you can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 19 by mariajerThe CEs and Certification, I understand, are through the nflpn. I didn't need the CEs so did not apply for them, just am taking the course. It is quite long, comprehensive and I am busy, busy so it will probably take me another month.
Go onto the site and contact the manager (www.prof-educ.com), though she is new, she will have your answers, pretty sure. If not, she will get them.
- Sep 6 by RajeshPrasadhi there...lam a RPN in Ontario.is there any college or universities doing foot care courses in Ontario Province.?Please seeking advice.Thanks.