Working while at Galen St PeteRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Working while at Galen St Pete in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... I am applying to Galen in St Petersburg for the LPN program. I am concerned if my student loans...by terasa83 May 3, '11I am applying to Galen in St Petersburg for the LPN program. I am concerned if my student loans will cover all of the expenses? I will not get any financial aid b/c i currently make too much...also, was anyone able to work part-time while in the program?? Any info on student loans and working while in the program would be appreciated!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=560671©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,232 Views
- May 12, '11 by Jess84Hi there, I currently attend Galen's bridge program and I work part time. I think the LPN program is tougher though, but I know that many do work at least part time, especially those who go to school at night. I also needed additional loans so I had to take out a private loan to help pay for daycare etc until I get out of school, so you may want to look into that if your financial aid package doesn't give you enough.
- May 18, '11 by daugharty5It will depend on your financial situation of course..Most of my financial aid covered my tuition, but I have dependents too..
I do work and just started Galen Monday..I think if anyone balances their time you can do both. I have set aside family time with the kids a few days a week and work and study the rest. I think my hours will be in the median of 30 to 40, but these days people seem to not have much option but to work and do school.
Good luck especially on the financial aid front and loans.
- May 31, '11 by KAHinFLAI am also looking into LPN schools in the Bay area. Seems I have wittled it down to Galen and Center for Allied Nursing in Brandon. I recved my info packet from CAN and tuition is 19k for the 1yr course. I was wondering what tuition is at Galen and length of schooling? I also will be looking for finan assist and probably working part time.
- Jun 1, '11 by Jess84I have not heard anything about the Center in Brandon, but the last time I checked the LPN tuition for Galen was around 14k.
I would also advise visiting both schools to see their facilities, talk to staff, ask about clinical sites etc. in person before making a decision.
- Jun 1, '11 by LynneMarie02Galens schooling is over 17k and it does not include books, I've heard bad things about Allied though. People have recommended Erwin but I felt like they weren't very helpful, or wanted to help me at all. The campus is kind of a mess too, but it is cheap!! Good Luck!! Just go visit all of them!!
- Jun 1, '11 by Jess84Yes, if you're looking for a low priced option def check out erwin and ptec and possibly phcc too.
- Jun 4, '11 by daugharty5Yes Galen is good, but it doesn't include a lot of things that you need all at one time..So, I would definetely keep that in mind if I were you. I think they have a great program, but its pricey and leaves one spending a lot in the first quarter out of pocket.
I am in my 4th week there and we have covered a lot..8 weeks left in Quarter 1 then a much deserved week break.
First week was hectic and so much was done didn't do well on the first test that was given but there were people who did a lot worse then me too. It's a lot to take in I think by the end or middle of the quarter you get the hang of a routiine esp if you work and have children as I do.
- Jun 4, '11 by daugharty5I do suggest visiting all the schools you have in mind vs just picking one..Check them all out and find out how much out of pocket you will have and how their program is compared to other schools..