USF, UCF or UF? In a pickle!Register Today!
This is a discussion on USF, UCF or UF? In a pickle! in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Hello,I plan on graduating from my local community college in December and to apply to these...by Katsmeow Aug 7, '12Hello,I plan on graduating from my local community college in December and to apply to these schools' generic BSN programs. I have a 3.87 cumulative GPA, 4.0 science GPA and a 4.0 pre-req GPA. I'm also a single parent and I work about 30 hours a week at my part time job. I have had experience in a hospital setting when I volunteered a few years ago and it made me definitely want to pursue nursing for a career. I know nursing programs are competitive and I wanted some advice and experiences. Thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768281©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 747 Views
- Aug 8, '12 by nyteshadeYour GPA sounds fine. Just apply to all three. All three are great state universities (I've had friends at each one). Working 30 hours/week can be done while in school, it just depends on your effort, resources and support systems. Good luck!
- Aug 8, '12 by Jmtagg623I would apply to all three honestly. It never hurts to have options. Also have you considered applying to Santa Fe in Gainesville? Its a 4 year college now, offering a BSN program also. I have several friends that have graduated from there and loved it. I grew up in Gainesville but don't live in the state anymore.
- Dec 17, '12 by eauzirusHey MamaKate I just replied another of your threads but I would defintley apply to all three just to be on the safe side. Also I actually attend USF so I'm for sure going to apply there as well as UF. UCF on the other hand is a great school but I live in orlando and that would mean I would have to live at home with my parents and yea I'm not about that life unless its on breaks like now.
- Dec 18, '12 by FLmedI'm a University of South Florida alumni! Go Bulls! All of the schools you've listed have excellent programs! I would definitely apply to all three. I loved my nursing school experience. You will graduate with all the tools you need to be a successful and critical thinking nurse. As you can tell, I am a little biased towards USF.
- Dec 18, '12 by KatsmeowThanks! And yes I do have other threads here going about the same subject that have gotten more feedback. I plan on applying this week since my final grades and AA degree have finally posted to my transcript.
- Dec 19, '12 by eauziruswell that sounds like a good plan I kinda just applied everywhere I wanted to go and sent my previous transcript up till this summer then my schools going to send out fall grades on Friday I figured the wait for admissions was going to be long so why not get a head start.