University of South Florida Accelerated BSNRegister Today!
- by *PaintedSky* Dec 20, '09Anyone have any insight on this program? I'm in the process of applying and would love to know about the school!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=445573©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 79,107 Views
- Dec 20, '09 by RNMeeI attened USF for my undergrad in Chemistry. I looked into their nursing program , and boy do they mean business. It's a toughie ,but a good one.
- Dec 20, '09 by Eeyore_fanUSF has a good nursing program. I really liked the instructors. In the accelerated program there are not as many clinical sites to choose from as the upper division/traditional nursing students, but in the end I was satisfied with where I was placed. You grow very close to your clinical team. It is a fast-paced, challenging program, but many students made it through. Whenever you are able to send PMs, feel free to PM me any time for more info!
- Jan 22, '10 by IVYGALSehsun... I was looking into the program I was wondering if you can give me some information on it since you have completed it. Any info you can give me I'd greatly appreciate it. I am going to the info session on Friday.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jan 22, '10 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES
- Jan 22, '10 by Eeyore_fanQuote from IVYGALNo problem - just sent you an email.Sehsun... I was looking into the program I was wondering if you can give me some information on it since you have completed it. Any info you can give me I'd greatly appreciate it. I am going to the info session on Friday.
- Jan 24, '10 by inasajaIs the competition really tough to gain admittance into the USF Accelerated BSN program?
- Jan 24, '10 by Eeyore_fanQuote from inasajaI don't really know how it was when I was accepted. I imagine it may have become a little more competitive, however, because they changed some things to the admission process. For example, now they consider work and volunteer experience, and they require a writing sample in the application.Is the competition really tough to gain admittance into the USF Accelerated BSN program?
- Jan 25, '10 by *PaintedSky*Hey Seshun, I was hoping you could give me the same info you provided for IVYGAL! I'm very interested in the program....
- Jan 25, '10 by Gator Girl 2000Coming out of the lurkdom (and a lengthy break from the site) to give this thread some love...
I completed my application yesterday and although I don't typically have issues writing, (for some reason) it took me a bit to write/tweak my personal statement.
Initially, I seriously considered VCU's Accelerated Masters Program and even UF's ABSN (GO GATORS!!!), however for a lot of different reasons, USF's ABSN is my #1 choice now. I am very excited about the Program....and WAY glad to be done w/ the application.
Now the wait.......
- Jan 27, '10 by gilbert727I just graduated from that program (and I think Sehsun helped me when I was first applying...that's funny!). I loved it but it can be stressful. I think the CON is really working with the accelerated group to make it a better experience, which is awesome...for example, they have a separate section of some classes for the accelerated students. good luck!! and go bulls!