University of Miami Accelerated BSN Program - Page 8Register Today!
I put 39,000 in all the empty spaces
Congrats on your acceptance. I am on FB as well. My name is Grace-Anne Natalie. Hope to see you in May!!
- Jan 19, '11 by lmaria3Thank you very much Grace!.. I just sent my application...let's pray we get the Scholarship.
Definitely I'm praying on that one because I don't know about that much money for the bsn, especially since I'm trying to the msn part time while working right after. I really hope we get some form of relief
- Jan 19, '11 by lmaria3what msn program would you like to attend? I would like to do one right after, but I am going to have to wait. I am 30, just got married a year ago, and I guess after graduation I would have to wait a couple of years since I would like to have a baby. at least, I did the MBA and hopefully I can use it within the Nursing profession. I am very happy about starting school in May.
Congrats on recently tying the knot! I am a decade younger than you lol, but I understand wanting to have a baby . They are so cute lol.. I am sure you will be able to use the MBA and may not even have to get an msn unless you want to be a NP, CNM, or CRNA. After working at the bedside as an RN for 3-5 years I am sure you would be able to apply for a management position in nursing. They make just as much as NP's if not more. My aunt is a Nurse manager at South Miami Hospital and her pay after taxes is about 96k. I really wanted to get the masters in nurse midwifery, but due to the economy and Florida's stipulations, I am leaning towards getting the FNP, and possibly just working in womens health or pediatrics for now till the economy starts to turn around. I tend to be practical, although I love the specialty, the jobs just aren't there right now so marketability is key .
- Jan 20, '11 by lmaria3That is great that you plan on continuing with the master right after you finish the program. I want to see what I like while I am in the program. For now, I expect to combine the MBA with Nursing one day.
I received an e-mail from the Scholarship coordinator confirming that she received my application. She said that by February they will notify us of the date we have to interview, which would be in March.
Yunas, keep us posted if you receive your acceptance letter.
- Jan 20, '11 by grace390Lmaria,
I got the same email today! Your stuff got their quick! lol Yes I want to continue right away while the brain is still young, and info still fresh. Mf bf and I are holding off on marriage till we both become established so I'd definitely like to be done with school forever and in a good NP position by 25/26 because I do agree with you its important to start your family. I hope we get this scholarship or get into FAU, whichever but 13,000 in loan just for one semester- Murder. Im gonna save for living expenses now while I have a job, but still , The entire FAU tuition for 55 credits is still under 13K...
Yeah, keep us posted.
- Jan 21, '11 by yunas_mommySo far nothing I'm gonna add you guys on fb tho. Easier to keep in touch. In my prayers we can be classmates!
- Jan 25, '11 by BrCiaHi Everyone!
I am also accepted for the May 2011 start date! I was accepted back in the beginning of December!
I also would like to apply for the scholarship but I am not quite sure how it would work if I plan to complete my FNP after Accelerated BSN.
Grace- How are you planning on completing your 3 years of work while achieving MSN?
Ps. We need to make a facebook group! Add me Brittany Cianelli