UCF Cocoa Beach/Daytona Spring 2013 - Page 24Register Today!
- Oct 18, '12 by ybbawilliamsThey also can't verify my work information because my employer hasn't answered the phone! I hate waiting for all of this to go through.
I definitely know what you mean. So much time and effort has been put in to everything we have done in the last two years just for this very interview. I talked to a friend about it and her words really helped me out. She told me that if it's meant to be it will be. All we can do is prepare ourselves and let the rest fall into place.
Good luck on your interviews, everyone
- Okay Ladies and Gentlemen:
I was able to get more information on the interview/entire application process via an information session. If anyone has not been to one of these, I suggest finding one and attending because they have changed the application requirements for all the future applications (not ours, we were judged based on old requirements) and you will really gain some insight as to just how competitive this program is and why. Here's the information about the interviews:
Approx. 300 applicants applied for Cocoa & Daytona campuses (combined)
Of those 300, only approx 163 were even eligible to apply to the program.
Of those 163, 144 applicants were selected for interview.
There are 72 spots total for both campuses combined (36 each).
This means we have a 50% chance of getting in immediately, and a 50% chance of getting in the waitpool. For those who are in the waitpool, if you don't hear anything From CON after Dec. 25, you are most likely not getting into the program starting Jan. 2013. The interview however, is equally weighted with all the other areas (TEAS, GPAs) and after the interview, candidates will be re-evaluated and re-scored with their interview score incorporated. Then the CON will determine who is accepted vs. waitpooled. I know it might be disheartening to see these numbers, but I wanted everyone to get a realistic perspective on what chances we have. As always, best of luck to everyone!
- Oct 18, '12 by man-nurse2boh we might as well flip a coin. I got my backup application at FSCJ expected to here from them after thanksgiving, I will get in somewhere...I called UCF at 8am this morning to schedule my interview only 2 times slots were left, 830am and 230pm I took the 830am slot...so see you guys then.
- Oct 18, '12 by mc0323@lmrossitto
are you sure 144 people got selected to interview :/ or is that an about?
- Oct 18, '12 by mc0323@lmrossitto<br><br>are you sure 144 people got selected to interview :/ or is that an about?
- @mc0323: That's what he said in the information session, I'm sure it's very close to 144, if not exact. Plus that would make sense to have 36 spots at each campus plus 36 spots in the waitpool at each campus.
- Those that were selected for interview are at least qualified for the waitpool (pending background check). They've already sent the "denied" emails.
- Yes I went to a session today too. He said 144 received interviews.
- I also asked about the background check. My Job was unable to be verified. Alton said to call "Judy" and she will decide whether we have to pay additional fees or not. I'm assuming the job portion is not as important as the other parts of the background check.
- Thank you do much for the info!