UCF- Accelerated BSN Starting Summer 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 10, '12 by <3ZEUS&LINCOLNI think a few of us are in the same boat as you PinkString.
- Feb 10, '12 by NikkiliciousThanks, I hope so!
Quote from PinkStringI'm in the same exact position. I have 2 kids and a house, can't relocate... so this is my only shot!Just wondering where are the rest of the applicants. Waiting for the results is making me nervous and I did not apply for any other colleges because I can't relocate.
- Feb 10, '12 by ProtasI really wish there was an essay or an interview to better sell ourselves. I'm all but certain I'm going to be denied due to my 3.1 overall gpa.
I'm confident I could excell in the program (especially since I would quit my job) given my extensive background in science as a Molecular & Micro bio major. The TEAS science section was a breeze! Also, with EMT training I'm already proficient at medical terminology, taking vitals, and taking patient histories and such. During EMT clinicals I was able to work with nurses in the ER so I'm well prepared for all the blood, feces and other fluids lol.
My pre-req gpa is much higher...but with 152 credit hours I don't think I'll ever be able to raise my overall gpa to be as competitive as all of you! A lot of you seem like sure things for acceptance!
- Feb 10, '12 by <3ZEUS&LINCOLNI totally agree with you. I think an interview or an essay would allow us to not only state our rationale for becoming nurses as a 2nd career option, but would allow the CON to see our professionalism, motivation, determination ,etc. If only...
- Feb 10, '12 by BlueSkies8263I hope they take into consideration (A) the most recent semester grades you received over classes you might have taken 2+ years ago (B) what BS you majored in (C) and hopefully pre-req GPA > Overall GPA
- Feb 11, '12 by NikkiliciousWell, yesterday has been 4 weeks already, so in less than a month we should all be hearing one way or another!! I'm so anxious!
- Feb 11, '12 by akinney613I agree that there should be some other section of the application (like the other schools I applied to-UF and USF); mainly your past experience with health care. I feel many people would be stronger applicants this way and not be shut down for purely academic reasons. For example, I was a CNA for almost a year so I feel that puts me in a good position to be comfortable as a nurse but UCF will never know that! And I am not saying this because I have poor stats, I actually have good stats I hope. I don't mind sharing: B.S. in Biology, Minor in Chemistry, 92.7% TEAS, 3.7 overall GPA, 3.6 prereq GPA.
- Feb 11, '12 by akinney613Anybody know when the program actually starts? I'm assuming it's mid-May which means we would have to hurry up in finding a place and getting loans (at least I would cause I'm broke from paying off my undergrad loan).
- Feb 11, '12 by NikkiliciousYes its May, whenever the summer semester starts I assume. I have a place, as we already live here in Orlando, but I will need to figure out how to pay for this if I am accepted... I heard that you can't get regular student loans if you are working on a second Bachelor's degree, does anyone know if this is true? I hope I don't have to go with all private lenders!
- Feb 12, '12 by NikkiliciousA question for those of you already in the accelerated program- what is your schedule like? Are you at UCF 5 days a week for class, and what are the times like? Just wondering what I can expect for a typical day/first semester.
I'd appreciate any advice you might have!