State College of Florida Class 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on State College of Florida Class 2013 in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Just got my acceptance email to SCF today! Anyone else attending in fall 2013? Are there any recent...by jswitch Mar 1Just got my acceptance email to SCF today! Anyone else attending in fall 2013? Are there any recent SCF nursing students that have any advice for first-years or good/bad experiences to share?
Thanks and good luck to everyone in the application process. Took me 3 years after graduating with another degree. Worth the long wait .
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=818961©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 561 Views
- Apr 14 by gertie1965Congratulations future RN!! Just some advice - keep a calendar so you will get everything completed. There are timelines for everything!!!
- Apr 21 by popefamilyCongrats to you! I also got my acceptance for the Fall 2013 program!!So Excited! Which campus are you going to be on?
- Apr 25 by nnikki1991Can I ask what your GPA was for the prereqs & prereq's & general requirements for both of you?
The reason I ask is b/c my GPA is not spectacular & i really don't think i will get in when i move to FL next year (bradenton area) but i will drive to any campus they give me.
Did you do the CNA thing to up your chances?
plz answer quickly, i keep bothering them & they wont give me direct answers, mostly telling me their not sure & to attend their information session...
- Apr 25 by popefamilyHey, I personally had a 4.0 GPA for both the prereq's and an overall GPA. I did already have the CNA license, as I have been a CNA for a couple of years now. However, do not be discouraged by that. They had to drop the CNA requirement, and extend the deadline the longest they have ever had to because they still have open seats for both campuses. I think that it will be this way for a few more semesters before it gets super competitive again. I would recommend trying...it can't hurt. I know that last semester they took people with 3.0's. Good luck!
- May 10 by marywhaleHi everyone, I just got accepted for the Fall nursing program at SCF!! I am going to the Venice campus Super excited, I was so bummed when I didn't get into the BSN program at FGCU, but everything happens for a reason. I have been going to SCF since I was 17 (over three years!) so it is basically my second home haha.
Nikki, I had a 3.5 in those four classes they require you to have before you can apply (I had an A in A&P I and an A in Statistics but a B in both ENC 1101 and A&P II). For the rest of the prereqs I had I believe a 3.85 (A's in everything but ENC 1102). My overall GPA was 3.3, I took a lot of Chemistry, Biology, and math classes that brought me down (lots of Bs!). I took my CNA class this semester, I just haven't taken the Prometric test yet. They said that they preferred CNAs and gave them top priority. I have heard of people getting into the program with a 3.1 overall so don't worry! Another good thing about the program is that you don't need to take the TEAS science portion and I believe they only look to see if you passed it and not how well you did on it. I could be wrong though.
- May 10 by Kristina413Hi Everyone! Congratulations!!! I just got accepted for the Fall 2013 nursing program, I am so excited!! I will be going to the Venice campus!
marywhale - I will see you there!
- May 14 by mystique_099I have a somewhat off topic question for any of you at scf. I am starting my prereqs in the fall. I currently work in health care at a local hospital in the surgery department. Given I have experince on the job relating to the human anatomy should I take the intro to biology first as the college recomends or should I have enough of the basics to go ahead and start a&pI in the fall? What did others here do? any personal experinces would be appreciated. I think they would be more helpful than an advisor since my experince so far with them has not been very informational.
- May 15 by popefamilyI would personally recommend going right into A&PI. I did not take Intro to Biology and did fine. I will tell you though, it is a heavy course, and will require a lot out of you study wise. I am sure you will do great though! Good luck!