SPC Spring 2013 hopeful, anyone else biting their nails?!?!Register Today!
This is a discussion on SPC Spring 2013 hopeful, anyone else biting their nails?!?! in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... I will be sending my official Spring 2013 app in on 7/20! All pre-reqs completed except for micro...by tmcneill0524 Jul 11, '12I will be sending my official Spring 2013 app in on 7/20! All pre-reqs completed except for micro (which I am already registered for in the fall before the program would begin), and a GPA of 3.78 on my pre-reqs. Wish I hadn't been such a goof off back in 1997 when I took Composition I! I am also an employee with Baycare and applying for the EAYL progam. I was just praying to find other people out there, in a similar situation, a little support and just knowing we aren't alone in this nerve wrecking path would be nice.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=756109©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,592 Views
- Jul 14, '12 by beebabooI was under the impression that we had to have all of our courses completed before applying to have a chance at making it in the program. I am in the fall micro class as well. It would be great to start the program in the spring instead of next fall. Good luck, I hope you get in!
- Jul 15, '12 by haimyemI also believe you now have to have all your pre-reqs completed before you apply to even be considered. I would definitely check with an HEC advisor on this, but I know they have changed the rules this year for new applicants. Good luck!
- Jul 16, '12 by lnsnursingI am also a Baycare employee... I was wondering how the GPA works, is any one sure? My Science Box is only a 2.6 (on my planner), but overall on all the prereqs course is a 3.2, and I only have Stats left.
- Jul 16, '12 by lnsnursingThey will still accept you if you only have one course left, but Micro is considered 2 since there is a lab. I have a friend in nursing Semester 3, trying to complete her Stats class now.
- Jul 16, '12 by spc2012I applied for the spring 2013 program. I was denied for the fall because I was still taking micro and lab. I have all classes completed with a 3.8 gpa. I know the average gpa for fall was 3.88 along with all classes being completed.
- Sep 19, '12 by flanursI applied for EAYL and SPC'S traditional RN for Jan 2013. Pretty psyched now that the deadline for SPC is officially closed and we are just waiting. I have all classes complete with a 3.7 GPA. I was also a goof-off when I was 18 and took comp 1 and speech, receiving B's in both . I have A's in everything else, but I guess I'll wait and see. I was an alternate for this past fall, when the average GPA was 3.88 and the lowest accepted was 3.75, . I'm praying I can squeeze in this time around. Good luck everyone! keep us posted about your progress!!!!
- Sep 21, '12 by nayxo73I also applied for spring 2013 nursing. I have all classes completed with a 3.7 gpa as well. I hope that we make it in, I am crossing my fingers!
- Sep 21, '12 by spc2012Good luck to everyone! Hopefully around mid October the email will go out. I did not get in for the fall since I was still taking micro. I thought I had a 3.8 but actually have a 3.9 so I hope to start in January.
- Oct 2, '12 by gogator123I am also applying to the EAYL program through Morton Plant. Have any of you that also applied gone to your interview yet? And do you know if there is just one interview or more than one?