Roll Call-November 2012 LPN Program at Galen College in Tampa - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 4, '12 by pjny11I'm awaiting PHCC which isn't far from Tampa. I have both letters for LPN and RN awaiting approval. I'm thinking of staying as an EMT and retaking the entrance exam for next RN if I don't get into the January class. I went to HCC but they now want College Algebra, so I'll prob. be taking that at HCC in Spring 2013 so I have another option. Anybody take that class recently? Is it offered online? Thanks
- Oct 7, '12 by KKJA8855Yes College Algebra is offered at HCC online. I took it a year ago online and ended up with a B because I was taking other classes. If I would have had more time with it I would have made an A. The curriculum toward the end of the course I took started to get into Calculus so just be aware of that. But overall it was a fairly easy class and I'd recommend it online unless you're not strong with math- then I'd recommend taking it on campus. Good luck to you!
- Oct 15, '12 by montriI am also starting the LPN program evenings November 5th. I am in the same boat as you with the job situation and having to work during the day. My original plan was to stop working and go during the day for the RN program but my husband was laid off from work. Thankfully he is back it work but financially unable to quit my job at this time. I am glad to see I am not the only one starting November 5th! My email is email@example.com if you would like to communicate and compare notes. Good luck to you!
- Dec 21, '12 by shamrokksWell I'm glad to see at least someone posting on here from Galen in Tampa. I start the LPN to RN bridge in January 2013 but no one is responding to a topic I started asking for others, lol. I feel so alone and isolated.
- Dec 22, '12 by Red35shamrokks:
I might start the LPN program in January. I currently am in an RN program and it isn't what I want at this time. Can you give me any pointers for the PAX exam?
- Dec 31, '12 by shamrokksI studied a book that Galen let me borrow. I didn't find it to be that hard but I also just finished my pre-requisites recently so my math and science were pretty fresh in my head. The PAX was pretty basic. Good luck and let me know what you end up doing.
- Dec 31, '12 by Red35shamrokks
Yay! I'll let you know....I took the HESI exam at another school and was told it is similar-I may just take it next week-if I fail I can retake in 60 days...which would mean staying at my current school for another quarter-