Remington College of Nursing - Orlando - Page 8Register Today!
- Jun 12, '09 by NATOHi David,
What a bad news about laptops. I was so happy to read that we will be receiving one for our program. Now I will be looking to get one from a store like best buy, or circuit city.
Does anyone know how many students will be started the July cohort?
- Jun 12, '09 by NewFlRNHey NATO,
You will probably end up with a better one anyhow. I have a really good one, but will likely not use one in class...I learn better by writing things down. I am sure there are some good study programs that we will learn about. The phone call was really weird...saying there were two versions of the enrollement document ...an old one and a new one and I was one of the few that got the old one by mistake...could be.
I know they were trying to get a minimum of 20 people in the class but could take as many as thirty before they split into two classes...which is their ultimate goal...to start 60 people each term.
Where do you live etc?
- Jun 12, '09 by mimsiemendezIs anyone looking for a roomate. Im moving to the area but needed some options..................send me a private message if you have or know of something. Im happy but im so nervous. Wondering if I made the right decision and If I will be able to keep up.
- Jun 15, '09 by NewFlRNthe school is only 12 miles or so from UCF, if you have trouble finding a roomie,you might try there...good luck and looking forward to meeting you soon.
- Jun 15, '09 by RosesRNhello all! i found nice apartments at Hidden Valley, just a few miles from the school, they are actually like townhouses, with lots of mature trees. around $900 for a 2/2. Check craigslist. They are owned by individuals so you could probably negotiate the rent since people love to rent to nursing students. You have a lot of credibility. When looking for housing and i mention i am a nursing student, they bypass the credit check, lol!
I got accepted to Remington, but I decided to go to another school. It is only 12k, and 3 semesters long with a long winter and summer break.
good luck to you all! i really wanted to go to Remington, but I really can't justify the 30k when I can go for 12k.
- Jun 17, '09 by bcdgeminiHey mimsiemendez, and everyone else looking for roomies. I just got my acceptance letter last Saturday, so excited and nervous. I am already overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to get situated just to move out there. I'm from San Francisco (Cali's schools are all so impacted or even more expensive) would love to find one female roommate . I'm F/25/athletic/health conscious/super friendly and easy to get along with (like to have stuff in common with roomies besides the obvious). Let me know if you need a roomie, gonna take roses advice and look into Hidden Valley
- Jun 17, '09 by NewFlRNthose of you who are new to the area, let me know and maybe we can meet up for a coffee and those of us local folks can help with any questions to help you get settled.
Looking forward to meeting you.
- Jun 18, '09 by bcdgeminiThat sounds great Floridave (very creative with the name by the way). Question: I'm now considering looking at apartments in a community (don't know if that's what it's considered down there) between Lake Mary and Orlando. Do you think that's a good idea? Can you recommend any communities?
- Jun 18, '09 by NewFlRNWill be easier and faster to help if you PM me.Last edit by Angie O'Plasty, RN on Jun 24, '09 : Reason: phone number
- Jun 19, '09 by jmh02sRoses623 :
Which program are you attending, if you don't mind me asking? The one at FAU? I'm very eager to get into an accelerated program ... This may sound silly, but seeing as how I'm already 25, I feel like i'm already "old", and am very anxious to get started with school! Thanks