Pensacola State College, Spring 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pensacola State College, Spring 2012 in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Received Pirate mail notification that our letters went out today! :yeah:Anyone else? I was...by FLDoula Sep 19, '11Received Pirate mail notification that our letters went out today! Anyone else? I was supposed to start just this past August fall due to financial issue was not able to. Was only 2 weeks from start date.....have everything done except new flu vaccine.
Will attend Orientation for new information and to sign up for the box set of books. It includes all books, codes, companions. Also includes 5 ebooks for 5 of our textbooks. Not included is Nurse Squared and the 3 needed reference books. OB/Peds and Advanced Psych books needed for like 3rd semester are also not included.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=619017©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,805 Views
- Sep 29, '11 by haminybeeI got my letter also and turned it in. Hopefully they let us know when the mandatory Orientation will be ASAP. I have to buy a plane ticket but im putting that on hold til I find out when the orientation is. I've been waiting A LONG time to get into the nursing program and now i'll be starting January 2012!
- Sep 29, '11 by FLDoulaQuote from haminybeeI got my letter also and turned it in. Hopefully they let us know when the mandatory Orientation will be ASAP. I have to buy a plane ticket but im putting that on hold til I find out when the orientation is. I've been waiting A LONG time to get into the nursing program and now i'll be starting January 2012!
Are you living in Navarre or going to be living in Navarre? I was told the Orientation is sometime the first few weeks of November. Hopefully we'll find out soon!
- I live in Navarre so the hour commute everyday to work and school sucks but its worth it. I think in the next week or so they should tell us when the orientation is. The deadline to turn in your acceptance letter is today at noon. So after they get everyone's letter, that's when they'll start letting us know when it will be.
- Sep 30, '11 by FLDoulaI also live in Navarre. Yea, the drive is long but I actually like having that time to fall back, regroup... or just listen to music or a podcast.
- True, the hour drive gives me a lot of time to think and listen to music. How long have you been on the waiting list for the nursing program? Ive been waiting 3 years. Then when PJC changed to PSC they told me my test scores were invalid and I had to take the HESI. Even though I passed the NLN and was just waiting to get in. -_-' I passed the HESI and they used that test score as to when I would get in the program. I could've been done already but PSC gave me the run around. Sucks.
- Sep 30, '11 by FLDoulaI think my wait was like a year.
I was in last class to take NLN. I was
Supposed to go in this past fall but
had to defer. Will be glad to get started!
- I know. I'm ready to start. Do you have all your pre req's done? All I need are the actual nursing courses. I cant to finish and start working as a nurse!
- Oct 1, '11 by FLDoulaYes, I've completed all pre/co reqs. Pre-reqs were completed Summer 2010. Co-reqs I finished Spring 2011 semester. I started at PSC in fall of 2009. Before that I did a semester at Seminole State.
Why were your test scores invalid?
- Oct 1, '11 by Honeybee737Quote from haminybeehi all...i am in my fourth semester of this program, and am due to graduate in may. while i do not wish to say anything negative at this very exciting time in both of your lives, know this: the "run around" does not get any better. we've had good semesters and bad...this one has been a real goat-rope, very frustrating. i wish you both the best, just keep your eye on the end result.true, the hour drive gives me a lot of time to think and listen to music. how long have you been on the waiting list for the nursing program? ive been waiting 3 years. then when pjc changed to psc they told me my test scores were invalid and i had to take the hesi. even though i passed the nln and was just waiting to get in. -_-' i passed the hesi and they used that test score as to when i would get in the program. i could've been done already but psc gave me the run around. sucks.