Orlando Tech (LPN Program)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Orlando Tech (LPN Program) in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Hello! I was wondering if anyone has attended this school for the LPN program. Did you like it?...by mkup29 Jun 16, '10Hello! I was wondering if anyone has attended this school for the LPN program. Did you like it? What was the hardest part?? Is it possible to have a normal life while trying to become an LPN??? Im exited about the program but have sooo many questions and would love to have answers from someone that has attended this school??!!...thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=486163©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 17,489 Views
- Jun 16, '10 by Jaysof2I went to Orlando Tech, graduated 2008. Very good program, well prepared. School is a little disorganized, but worth it. LPN school is stressful, but doable. I had a 4 month old and 1 year old when I started. It's not really hard, they just pile so much on you. Any questions feel free to ask.
- Jun 17, '10 by mkup29OMG im glad i found someone!! Well i also have 2 kids they are 3 and 5 which will both start school this fall. My plan was to attend the LPN while my kids are in school but at the orientation today i was told that the next full time day class doesnt start till January...so Im thinking of doing the HUC program which is 4 months starting in August to try out how this schedule would work. The counselor told me that I can sign up for both and turn in both packets. If the HUC seems hard enough then i probably wont attend the LPN im glad you told me you have kids it makes it seem more "do-able" lol. I have seen other students on here or LPN's that attended school without working or kids and they sayd it was hard...this scared me, but im glad that there are people out there that have about the same life status as i do. My hat goes off to you for finishing school!! COngrats!...what was the hardest part of the program for you? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
- Jun 17, '10 by Jaysof2Now I need some info on the lpn to rn bridge program. Well I don't know what u want to hear. I would love to help in anyway. If nursing is interesting to you, it shouldn't be that bad. Just study, study. Juggling time was a little difficult. Don't be discouraged! Best year I've invested. Now if I could only get into the rn program...
- Jun 17, '10 by mkup29yea thanx...i guess if i study study study i should be fine...im wondering how the program works...like is it bookwork then hands on, when do they do the clinicals...etc. Like whats the "normal" day. Have you tried Valencias LPn ro RN program? I think if you have your LPN you can finish your RN in 1 year. Try this link http://valenciacc.edu/departments/we...ndingTrack.cfm
It should take you straight to that info page.
- Jun 22, '10 by Jaysof2Thanks for that info. I know all about the LPN to RN bridge at SCC and VCC. I applied for the program, but was not selected. Kinda bummed me out, I'm okay now. Will just try for the next session. The LPN program depends on what part of school you are in. Towards the middle, you do clinicals 2-3 days a week, then the other days you do lecture. Go for it!
- Jun 23, '10 by mkup29sorry to hear that. Was there a long waiting list? Well thanks for that info, i cant wait to start but i still havent taken my TEAS entrance exam im waiting for the study guide in the mail. Once i study it front to back i will take the test before it gets too full
- Jun 24, '10 by Jaysof2Good luck on the TEAS. There wasn't a waiting list. They let only 24 students in per semester. My gpa isn't that great. I fooled around a little in the beginning of college. I have an AA at Valencia with only a 2.99/3.0. And my TEAS score isn't that great. I'm stressed. Feel like I'm going to be an LPN forever!
- Jun 24, '10 by mkup29I know what you mean i got my A.S. through VCC also and i can relate to that! but whats wrong with being an LPN??? have you worked as one yet or you wanted to go straight to the RN program???
- Jun 25, '10 by vanessam1hi, I am also trying to go to orlando tech for evening classes... but i am worried on how juggle my day job and school... Its been years since I have been in school. I trying to figure out if its better to there or to vcc? how many times are you allowed to take TEAS test... grrrr