Miami Dade College (MDC) Spring 2013 Gen. FT/PT& Accelerated Nursing program - Page 48Register Today!
- Dec 2, '12 by MaxilynSensualblissinfl, it is so kind of you to share all this wisdom with us newbies. Thanks
- Dec 10, '12 by snaprackelpopHey everyone! First time posting. I will be starting in January at the Homestead Campus.
Just in case anyone was wondering... the new scrub tops are still not available at the Medical Campus bookstore. They said they will be available by the end of the month. I am planning on calling them after Christmas to confirm that they are ready to be purchased.
I ended up trying on the scrub pants at the bookstore, but I did not purchase them there thinking I could find them cheaper somewhere else... and it is possible! They are cheaper through Amazon/Marcus Uniforms, and they apparently have $1 shipping for a little while, so take advantage if you haven't bought them yet! Amazon.com: White Swan Women's Cargo Pocket Pant White Swan Scrub Pants (Assorted Colors, Regular, Tall and Petite): Clothing (Just remember to get them in Hunter Green.)
Excited/antsy to start classes soon and meet you guys!
- Dec 17, '12 by yjly29Hi. I tried to send you a pm, but your inbox is full.
- Dec 17, '12 by yjly29@ab_ao I tried sending you a pm, but your inbox is full.
- Dec 20, '12 by shuggy18Hi, I just finshed my first semester and I have books to sell. I wanted to know if anyone is interested. I have the math book for sale and the fundamentals for sale. I am willing to sell for lower price than used in the bookstore. Both are like new. Message me if interested.
- Jan 2 by SENSUALBLISSINFLShuggy, just to letting you know in advance NOT to sell your Med-Surge textbook. I graduated in April, and I have been advised to hold on to that textbook as it will come handy once we get jobs. It is a great reference book to keep even after you graduated, oh and your drug guide.
Not to scare you, but with the upcoming classes in the curriculum you have to step it up a notch each time. Med-Surge is an awesome class, interesting, and from your first day you will feel as if you are in the major leagues, the amount of information you will learn is like no other class you ever taken. You may have heard that in nursing school is not about memorization but a clear understanding, so if you do not get it at first, make sure you ask until you get it.
Best wishes to all of you in your success.
- Jan 3 by snaprackelpopHey guys! Just a heads up... I don't know if any of you were waiting for an email to let us know that the green scrub tops are available at the bookstore. I was... and there was no email.
The tops are available. However, they currently only have L and XL left. I was told they will be reordering them and they should arrive on the 10th. Of course, this is after we start classes. I emailed Dr. Browne asking what we should wear the first couple of days, and she said professional clothing would be fine until the uniform is available.
There were still some white tops for clinicals left. I think I snagged the last medium, though, fyi... and the white lab coats are also available in limited sizes, although I'm not 100% sure we need those right now since our handbook says we can wear the scrubs for pre-assignment at the clinical sites.
Hope everyone has had fun during the holidays! See you guys soon...........
- Jan 10 by MiamiEDoes anyone in the online bridge know if anyone has dropped? I am trying to see if I am able to switch from face to face to online.
- Jan 14 by caipivodkaDoes the nursing program at MDC accept credits from other colleges in the US? I'm talking about the prereqs.Last edit by caipivodka on Jan 14