MDC Fall 2010Register Today!
- by calissto31 Aug 12, '10Hey everyone,
The time is coming for all of those starting in Fall 2010. Just wanted to see who is attending which program and what you have accomplished so far and have yet to do. I'll be starting in the Accelerated Program and have already bough my uniform minus the pants and need to pick up my name tag and books from the school. I also keep calling MDC and they still have no concrete information on the appeals to apply for financial aid. Anyone have any information on that?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=497510©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 944 Views
- Aug 13, '10 by POMAKYYAI have purchased 13 of the 15 books, minus the curriculum. I've purchased my uniform, name tag, minus the shoes & jacket. I have a cheap stethoscope, but debating whether I need to Littmann. Also, I have the second-hand watch. As for appeals, I have not heard anything, but I'm thinking about going to ask for a short-term loan because I have to pay for classes as of 8/19/10 or they'll get dropped...
- Aug 16, '10 by calissto31I feel you I had to pay on the 12th and that put quite a dent in the credit card until the loan comes through. I am going this week to pick up my name tag and to get my books. I already got my shoes but am missing the pants for the uniform....do you know if they are just draw string pants or scrub pants? I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to wear to school I am so lost on that.
- Aug 16, '10 by POMAKYYAMy pants are drawstrings, so I'm assuming they're all drawstring.
- Aug 18, '10 by k.sokolthe pants are not only drawstrings, they are huge
- Aug 18, '10 by POMAKYYAWell, I stand corrected...On another note, I went to find out about my appeal and it turns out that the appeal has not taken place for my appeal. I did come across a classmate that advised me that the Retraining Scholarship advertised for the accelerated students will be awarding only 2 awards, which really sucks It's a good thing I did not put all my eggs in one basket!
- Aug 21, '10 by calissto31Oh wow that seriously sucks....They said my appeal was in and I am only approved for loans...well gee thanks so I'm getting that process going. We won't need the pants and uniform shirt until clinicals right? What are you all wearing the first day?
- Aug 21, '10 by POMAKYYAI'll be wearing long black pants, white blouse, and a pair of closed toe shoes....very simple