Hillsborough Community College Spring 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Hillsborough Community College Spring 2013 in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Hello all, I thought I would start a thread for those of us applying to HCC's Spring 2013...by Rachanee Apr 6, '12Hello all,
I thought I would start a thread for those of us applying to HCC's Spring 2013 nursing program. I am a Veterinary Technician/stay at home mom. I'm gathering everything for my application and hoping to drop it off at HCC soon. The deadline isn't until 6/1 but they recommend turning it in at least 30 days in advance. I'm a current HCC student. I was planning on applying for Fall this year, but am now expecting a little girl to arrive in July so spring it is! My pre-req GPA is 3.86 (all A's and 1 B), I'm hoping that this is good enough to get me a spot in the program for DM evening classes. Good luck to all!
RachaneePoll: Are you applying for Days-Morning, Days-Afternoon, or Evening courses?28 Votes
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=694394©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 85,896 Views
- Apr 9, '12 by Shanna12I am trying to apply for spring 2013 program, but its a little more difficult for me since I am a transfer student from USF and the Microbiology course I had may not be compatible with the one needed. So i am going today to see an advisor. Good Luck!
- Apr 10, '12 by GradiusWoot, thank you Rachanee for starting this thread! I was waiting for someone to make an HCC Spring '13 before I registered with AllNurses, so you inspired me. Thanks again.
I'm currently an IT "professional" if you wanna call it that, looking to change paths and head the Healthcare way so I can join the USAF in a few years.
Currently wrapping up my last prereqs this semester (Micro + lab) yet I estimate my prereq GPA will land somewhere between 3.38 and 3.57... so I'm a little worried as HCC has become my first choice despite their completely different prereqs from my second choice in Orlando.
Oh well... time will tell. Looking forward to "meeting" everyone here in due time!
- Apr 11, '12 by RachaneeDid you get any useful info from the adviser Shanna12? I agree, transfer students have it much harder. Good luck Gradius, I have heard that the floor GPA for Spring entry tends to be lower than for fall entry. This fall the GPA cutoff was a 3.71.
- Apr 11, '12 by GradiusQuote from RachaneeYes I've heard that too, Rachanee. I'm hoping that's true. That and the fact that I'd be considered a nontraditional student (age 31 once I start, prior Bachelors degree + 3 A.S. degrees) and any other stuff that can make me look appealing, I plan to throw in there. I will be shooting for evenings as well like you because I want to keep working during ASN school, can't really afford to do days.Did you get any useful info from the adviser Shanna12? I agree, transfer students have it much harder. Good luck Gradius, I have heard that the floor GPA for Spring entry tends to be lower than for fall entry. This fall the GPA cutoff was a 3.71.
- Apr 17, '12 by RachaneeJust dropped off my application today. I decided on my preference being DM days. Hopefully my pre-req GPA is good enough (3.86). Now the long wait begins!
- Apr 17, '12 by GradiusOf course you'll get in Rachanee, with that GPA I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about.
I just hope we get answers within 2 months or so after submission, though, I will guess and say they won't make decisions until after the deadline for submission passes, so they have all the apps "in front of them" so to speak? But, I could be wrong.
- Apr 18, '12 by RachaneeLast years Spring applicants found out in September. They ask for 8-12 weeks past the deadline to make their decisions.
- Apr 18, '12 by GradiusNooooooooo! Far too long.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to apply to Seminole State College in Orlando too (my 2nd choice) as their deadline is September actually.
The waiting will kill me!
- Apr 29, '12 by kvil713Firstly, thank you for starting this Secondly, I am almost positive that a 3.86 will get you in. That is an AWESOME gpa! And congrats on the baby girl