Hillsborough Community College Spring 2013 - Page 57Register Today!
- Sep 18, '12 by KKJA8855Quote from GradiusPlant City Campus is located off of Park Road in Plant City. The campus is small and easy to maneuver through. When you exit from I-4 go left onto Park Rd at the light then follow Park Rd for about 3/4 of a mile. Take a left onto Cherry Street (stop light) then make a left into HCC's first parking lot entrance, there will be a parking lot directly in front of you and that's where you park for student services and there's a sign on the building you go into. Very easy to find.Can anyone give me some background on the Plant City campus. That's closest to me and I have to go to building 100 by next Friday if I am to appeal. Any info you can give would be great. Thanx.
- Sep 18, '12 by shauny2k3Quote from sistermargoMy wife is in her final year of HCC's Nuclear Med program, so I got a copy of her Health and Immunization form from when she started. It may not be 100% identical to the nursing form, but will probably be very close.Hello and congrats to everyone who got in. I got in too. Finally.
Anyone knows what shots we need? Somebody promised to post info about it. See you all in November.
1. Rubeola (Measles) - Two doses of live measles vaccine administered after 1967 with the first vaccination on or after the first birthday. Two doses must be at least 30 days apart.
2. Rubella (German Measles) - One dose on or after first birthday
3. Mumps - One dose on or after first birthday
*** MMR titers may be done in lieu of vaccination documentation. MMR may be given instead of individual vaccines. Copies of lab report must be attached when titers performed.
4. Tdap - Must be within the last 10 years
5. Tb screening. PPD required. Chest x-ray if PPD is positive.
6. Polio - It does't say required, but specifically asks if received as a child (yes/no). Year of last booster.
7. Hepatitis B - It says, "Series of 3 vaccinations required, strongly recommended for healthcare workers." Then afterwards states, "If student declines series, submit a completed declination form to the program manager".
8. Varicella Titer (Chicken Pox) - If titer comes back non-immune, 2 doses of vaccine are required.
There's also a physical that you have completed.
- Sep 18, '12 by baldotatiWe have to get the " Influenza" as well right???
- Sep 18, '12 by sprmomof4I turned in my campus request today, the consent form and the check. Before we know it, we will be crazy busy with studying... I will be enjoying this down time
- Sep 18, '12 by RachaneeJust got back from doing the background check. It was much quicker than I expected. Of course it was pouring rain when I got to Ybor, and I wasn't sure where exactly the PST building was, lol. It's done right in the lobby of the building though, maybe took 10 minutes.
- Sep 18, '12 by simmolaQuote from RachaneeIf it is in my favor, I live in Wesley Chapel off CL as well, so if I do get in, we can all carpool! But I know that the evenings are hard to come by. At this point, I will be happy with any spot...ALTHOUGH I really want evenings.I'm about 15 minutes west of there. I wouldn't mind carpooling. I'm interested in seeing what hospitals are offered for the Saturday clinicals.
- Sep 18, '12 by wantobnurse
- Sep 18, '12 by wantobnurseQuote from RachaneeRachanee, I am planning on going there tomorrow. Could you please tell me where is this building located? Thank you !Just got back from doing the background check. It was much quicker than I expected. Of course it was pouring rain when I got to Ybor, and I wasn't sure where exactly the PST building was, lol. It's done right in the lobby of the building though, maybe took 10 minutes.
- Sep 18, '12 by Rachanee
- Sep 19, '12 by brianycphtAnyone know what the book package is called and if it's available as a bundle? Is it the same for each campus?I'd like to get it ahead of time to avoid any last minute rushes!