Hillsborough Community College Fall 2012 - Page 17Register Today!
- Mar 30, '12 by Mdavidson22088I have a 3.52 and I got an alternate seat :/ I'm hoping I'm at the top of the list. How do you know what gpa they used? I want to call and see.
- Mar 30, '12 by BradleyTI am really baffled because my GPA is a 3.85 and I got an alternate seat I sent off my appeal this morning and I am going up to HCC to speak with an advisor about appealing. Wish me luck!!
- Mar 30, '12 by BradleyTCongrats on ur acceptance
- Mar 30, '12 by dhellwigI believe my gpa was around 3.8 something these were my grades...
Eng 1- B
Alg - A
A&P 1- A
A&P 1 L- A
A&P 2- A
A&P 2 L- A
Micro L- A
I dont believe Eng 2 counts towards your prereqs
- Mar 30, '12 by talie04Hey K,
I don't know 100% how they calculated my GPA but I calculated from the prereqs they posted on the WebAdvisor. A little of my background: I have a BS in Biomedical Sciences form USF (over 130 credits!!), took the remaining nursing prereqs at HCC and I currently work as a secretary at Florida Hospital(for about 1 year now). I only transferred MAC1105 and ENC1101 and the other prereqs I took at HCC.
You said you got a 3.67?! Yea, I would keep on asking them questions and see what was the reasoning behind their decision. Alternate seat is not bad though because you never know, a seat may open!
Don't know if any if this was at least slightly helpful?
Have faith K and Good luckLast edit by talie04 on Mar 30, '12
- Mar 30, '12 by lhart027Wow BradleyT your gpa is 3.85 and you didn't get in right away? now you definitely need to talk to them about that. from what i read the prev. classes seems like a lot of alternates got accepted.keep us posted. Good luck! Seems like there were more in the previous class than us, or maybe not that many of us on here.
- Mar 30, '12 by surfergirlsflaI got in!!! Yay!!! Now I'm confused...I only can do the night and weekend schedule at Plant City... The letter asks you to mark wether you want morning or afternoon at DM. Hmmm should I not mark anything and hope to get in for the night program at PC?
- Mar 30, '12 by brandeekinsI just got an email back about the way the letter was worded, and she said to choose am or pm, not campus right now. For instance, SS is am only, but the others offer pm/night time. If you want days - am. Nights - pm.
- Mar 30, '12 by k.2012Thanks talie! I've been blowing up their phones all day in the nursing department trying to get answers...no such luck. So come Monday morning (and the rest of this afternoon, lol) I'll be working my tail off for some reasoning of this. I may even go to the DM campus. From what I've heard, this isn't the first time they've made this kind of mistake.
- Mar 31, '12 by mtalebCan everybody say what their GPA is along with the status of their application. Thank u very much in advance.