Does everyone get into Valencia nursing program?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Does everyone get into Valencia nursing program? in Florida State Nursing Programs, part of Florida Nursing ... Assuming you have met all their requirements, do you get in? I got a 85.3% on my TEAS but my GPA is...by tdesaulniers Feb 15Assuming you have met all their requirements, do you get in? I got a 85.3% on my TEAS but my GPA is going to hurt me. It's somewhere around a 3.0. I feel like I won't get in any where with that. Also, I am a guy, I don't know if that makes any difference since most nursing students are females. I am getting really discouraged reading all these threads saying the average GPA is around 3.5-3.6 to even get in.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815789©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 646 Views
- Feb 18 by atyrellYes you do, but they put you on the waiting list. To be accepted you have to have a 2.5 and I think a 68 on the teas. Right now they are accepting applications for spring 2015!
- Feb 18 by KatsmeowAgree with above poster. As long as you met the minimum gpa and teas and attend an information session you will be placed on a wait list.
- Mar 21 by nursepractioner2beThe only thing if you get accepted @ Valencia just expect to start at least one or two semester early. They will tell you that you are on the list for 2015, but you will be called early guarantee. Good luck.
- Mar 27 by kristin.loveIf you receive the option to start early, how does Valencia contact you? And how early can you expect to receive the option to start early?..like 2 months before the semester starts?? Thanks!
- Mar 28 by atyrellI got accepted two semesters earlier. They emailed me through my atlas account, and it was about two weeks before orientation. Orientation was on the 22nd of March and class starts early May.
- Mar 28 by kristin.lovewow! that's great! I was accepted into Summer 2014 so hopefully they will email me to start in August. Thanks for the reply and good luck
- Apr 2 by KarlaFL1145wow! Thats gives me some hope! I have a 3.77 overall gpa and 4.0 pre req but a weak teas scores! I am going to apply to concurrent in september but I have already applied to valencia. Havent heard anything back yet. Im really hoping I can start early !! Do you mind sharing your stats please? Thanks! Congrats and God Bless!
- Apr 2 by atyrellYou should retake your teas and go for the UCF nursing program you are very competitive!!
- Apr 3 by KarlaFL1145I actually calculated very wrong. After this semester is over and achieving all As my GPA will be 3.60. Stupid credit hours! I am however planning to retake TEAS and apply for SSC concurrent in September and if I dont get accepted- ill keep applying when the windows open next year! Im bummed. Thank you for your support though!