Broward College August 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Dec 12, '12 by FutureNurseS.BrownHello everyone,
I'm also applying to BC's nursing program August 2013 and I just wanted to introduce myself!
Good luck everyone!!!
- Dec 15, '12 by Fearless_leader@ Future Nurse S.Brown Welcome..
- Dec 15, '12 by Fearless_leaderI'm so happy finals are over. Whew this has been a rough semester for me. Thank God I made it.
- Dec 16, '12 by Getting To GreatQuote from Fearless_leaderAbsolutely! Once the new year hits things are going to go fast from here on out. Great luck to all of us.I'm so happy finals are over. Whew this has been a rough semester for me. Thank God I made it.
- Dec 16, '12 by Fearless_leaderI decided to order a couple of books that may help me out in the future. I purchased them from amazon and spent less that $10.00 for the both of them being that they are in Very Good but used condition I said hey why not. I will let you know if the price was a steal.
Sep 18, '11 by [COLOR=#003366]Streamline2010[/COLOR] A member since Mar '10 - from 'NW PA / Youngstown, OH'. Posts: 498 Likes: 334
The "Success" series,
test taking strategies, [COLOR=#003366]http://www.amazon.com/Test-Success-T.../dp/0803618948[/COLOR]
Via a member here in All Nurses There are something like 3 or 4 formats for NCLEX type questions that are detailed in these books. The nursing school questions are 1) know it, and 2) be able to take it farther and apply it, which is much different from the testing for non-nursing classes. For nursing, you almost never just "puke it back." You always have to evaluate, rule out choices, and often there are two answers that could be correct but you have to pick the most correct one for the circumstances in the question.
- Dec 16, '12 by Getting To GreatOkay that sounds great! I heard good reviews about the Fundamentals book. Thanks. Also, have you taken the hesi yet?
- Dec 16, '12 by Fearless_leaderNo I haven't but I plan on studying for it this month in order to take it next month.
- Dec 18, '12 by FutureNurseS.BrownQuote from Fearless_leader@ Fearless_Leader, thanks for the welcome!!@ Future Nurse S.Brown Welcome..
I am also studying for the HESI exam and I plan on taking it next month. Is anyone nervous?
- Dec 18, '12 by Getting To GreatI am because I'm mentally over doing it, which is overwhelming me. I just want to get it over with so I can focus on other things.
- Dec 18, '12 by Yankeesgirl907I am taking Chem1032 , Mat1033 (in case I need to take the Algebra credit if it changes again and REL2300 ( my last elective needed according to the degree audit ) in Winter 2013. My Chemistry course is over 4/23/13 so I plan on applying to the nursing program within the app period of March -May for August 2013. I am trying to get in without the Micro as a pre req because the classes are twice a week for lecture and twice a week for lab and only day time classes. I work full time and can't afford to take that much time off work just for a pre req class, If i was in the actual program already it's different because then I know my time was not wasted on taking all these pre req classes and not being accepted after that. I took the HCP class at Sheridan Tech which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. So all I need now is the HESI and to finish the Chem. Am I the only one not doing the Micro first to apply?