All FSCJ Spring 2013 Hopefuls - Page 9Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by LiamsmamaI found the email address that a lot of my friends said to use. Apparently calling just isn't enough lol Here is the address: firstname.lastname@example.org Here is the number I've been calling as well: 278-4274 ext 227
- Aug 9, '12 by kjkkmkatsoares, how was taking AP 2 and micro together? That will be my last 2 pre-reqs. The academic adviser questioned taking them together, however; it will be my only two classes for that semester. I have 5 of my 9 pre-reqs completed, all with A's. I'm a good student, but am feeling pressure about AP and micro.
Thank you for the info
- Aug 11, '12 by katsoaresIt is not easy, but doable. Besides those two classes I also am taking Human Growth. My AP2 class just ended and I got an "A". I thought AP2 was a little easier then AP1, but maybe bc I knew what to expect. Micro is a very hard class. I have my final on Monday. Right now I have an "A" so I am hoping it remains. I am taking the class with Dr Nancy Yurko. She is an awesome teacher.
- Aug 12, '12 by man-nurse2bHello,
I am looking at FSCJ as a backup plan if I do not get into my BSN program at UCF. I already got my AA from FSCJ and enjoyed taking classes there. The other advantage is that they seem to be the only college that still has a night program. I still have to take my NAT test, I might go in for it on Monday. I read someone stated the night and weekend program is at Deerwood? That would be great since it is closer to my home.
- Aug 13, '12 by man-nurse2bWell I am officially in the running to be at FSCJ Spring 2013 and submitted my application directly to the nursing office by hand. I took the NAT this morning added my scores and times .64 gives me 99.
Academic Aptitude 59
Reading Comprehension 25
Natural Science 71
My goodness, the NAT is more a speed test than anything else. I am great at math but I had to guess several of the long math questions without doing computations and sped through the last 20 reading questions in like 2 minutes without reading a thing. People forget you are not penalized for guessing. I find the spelling was the most difficult part and had my lowest RAW score of 25. The natural science was a lot of biology like cells, atp, catalysts etc and basic chemistry with a little bit of physics. It had very few, anatomy questions. I took the TEAS V test for UCF and the TEAS is much harder than the NAT in that you have to think more, but you get more time. The NAT is more a speed test and quick thinking test. That last part of the NAT is more a psychology test...I just gotta laugh at the last question of the test...something about is nursing your life long ambition, agree or disagree? Those who disagree need to be slapped silly
So with my prerequisites that add up to 101 that gives me a solid 200 points total. The only thing against me is I no longer live in duval county but my AA is from FSCJ so that should be no problem. I enquired from the nurse office and they said the night program will start off at the north campus in spring then possibly move to deerwood for summer and fall. Response will be 4-8 weeks after october 1st. So I guess after thanksgiving we should be getting some news and "lighting up" this forum again with some good news.As it comes closer to December I'll have to decide, if I get into both FSCJ and UCF, which one to go with. Good luck to everyone.
- Aug 14, '12 by LiamsmamaThe waiting is always the worst part!!!! Come on DecemberLast edit by Liamsmama on Aug 14, '12
- Aug 15, '12 by morganxohopehey y'all! I just came across this forum and gosh am I glad!! I have a few questions. First off, I am taking micro in the fall so that won't be counted in my points when I apply..right?? and without those points I currently have 86 points (I screwed up a bit my first few years of college before I decided on nursing so my grades aren't that all that hott). anyways, I am gearing up for taking my NAT test in the next few weeks.. are there are good books or resources that y'all recommend I study before taking the NAT? I need to do REALLLY well on it to make up for the points from my grades.. also what is this about nights and weekends only?? is that true? Because I can't do nights and weekends :/ oh and last thing..do we need to be certified in CPR or is that something you do once you are accepted?? thanks so much !Last edit by morganxohope on Aug 15, '12
- Aug 15, '12 by LaceyRaeQuote from morganxohopeWelcome!hey y'all! I just came across this forum and gosh am I glad!! I have a few questions. First off, I am taking micro in the fall so that won't be counted in my points when I apply..right?? and without those points I currently have 86 points my current grades (I screwed up a bit my first few years of college before I decided on nursing so my grades aren't that all that hot). anyways, I am gearing up for taking my NAT test in the next few weeks.. are there are good books or resources that y'all recommend I study before taking the NAT? I need to do REALLLY well on it to make up for the points from my grades.. also what is this about nights and weekends only?? is that true? Because I can't do nights and weekends :/ oh and last thing..do we need to be certified in CPR or is that something you do once you are accepted?? thanks so much !
I didn't really study for the NAT, but taking it during micro really helped me because a lot of it is on the test an it's fresh in your mind as well as some chemistry questions, do just refresh your memory on that stuff. I was mistaken about it only being nights and weekends this spring, there will be daytime as well, so no worries. And yes you will not get to count your points from micro since you are enrolled in it when applying.
Hope that helps!
- Aug 15, '12 by LaceyRaeYou also do not have to be CPR certified to apply, just have to get certified before entering the program
- Aug 15, '12 by mandasueAnyone from out of Duval and Nassau counties applying? I live in Clay county and will be applying with 206. something points. How many seats do they set aside for 'out of county' applicants? Am I over thinking this whole thing? I just want to get in!!