All FSCJ Spring 2013 Hopefuls - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 7, '12 by LiamsmamaQuote from kristiann1985I was wondering about this myself. I think I may just send CJ yet another email-lol-she is probably so sick of me by now I have heard from an associate that almost all of the N/W classes are held at North...you just never know though.I am also trying to get into the n/w program. Do you know the schedules for both n/w and days. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and really would like a heads up. I cant find anywhere that gives you this info. Any info would be great!
I know how you feel about the whole "heads up". I have a two year old as well, and I do worry about how my husband and I are going to rearrange our schedules to make all this work. Such is life I guess
- Jul 10, '12 by Beatrice91Congrats on your score. that is pretty good because i know someone who got in for fall 2012 with a score of 197. I dont think you should have any problems.
I wanted to apply for the spring 2013 semester but i relaized i have to wait in order to get credit for the last few course i have left (Humanities, PSY1012, and DEP2004). Therefore, Iwillbe applying for the summer 2013 semester. I haven't taken the Nat yet. With a score that high, i imagine that you did awesome on it. How was it? Was there alot of physics and geometry on it? what was the science section mainly on? any analogies? how was the spelling?
- Jul 10, '12 by Beatrice91oh i apologize, the first message(above this one) is for SpringNurse. Nice job on your score of 206. You shouldn;t have any problems getting in because that is a decent score.
- Jul 10, '12 by SpringNurseHi Beatrice, Thank you : ) I studied for about four weeksto get that score. The content of the NAT test is not hard. Because it is timed it seems difficult. Watch out for the math section. They give you thirty min to do ninety questions, basic eight grade arithmetic. The science section is what I really studied for. I remember some chemistry, biology such as genes, krebs cycle, energy, bacteria, and such as that. There was very little anatomy. The Arco Allied Health book at the bookstore is a big help. The spelling part was a little difficult but it doesn't matter since it does not count in the calculation of point. Answer every question as best you can and if you have time go back and change. MEASURE THE AMOUNT OF TIME ALLOTED TO YOU. Otherwise it may lower your score. Oh and yes there was analogies. The preview test at the lab is a good indicator of what will be on the test. Like I said very elementary stuff. Refresh your memory on the material , time yourself and you should do great ; )
- Jul 11, '12 by Beatrice91You know what, i have heard alot of people say that there wasn't much AP on it when they took it, but im still going to go back and review over it as much as possible so whatever Ap is on there, i will be prepared for it. I definitely will be getting the quick study flash cards on chemistry from the book store and a quick study book on chemistry, biology, and maybe physics and math. i dont remember anything from physics because i only took it in high school my junior year in high school. i know you said the math is eigth grade , but what kind of problems do you suggest that i review over the most?you dont think it was nothing higher than eighth grade, like no college algebra or trig? Based on what you and others have said about it, i feel like i am stressing out over nothing but its better to be over prepared than not prepared enough, i guess.
- Jul 11, '12 by SpringNurseFortunately, there is only basic word problems ie. Ratio and proportions. No algebra, geometry, trigonometry. I hope this helps.
- Jul 12, '12 by Nurse_JayQuote from kristiann1985I'm going up to Deerwood center today to take the NAT... I couldnt sleep at all lastnightNurse Jay how did the NAT go?? I take it on the 19th and I am getting nervous!
- Jul 12, '12 by mandasueGood luck! You will do well
- Jul 12, '12 by LiamsmamaQuote from Nurse_JaySending positive vibes your way! I'm sure you did great!I'm going up to Deerwood center today to take the NAT... I couldnt sleep at all lastnight
- Jul 12, '12 by SpringNurseWe'll be cheering for you at AN! Stay positive and you will do great.