Where to find IV Certification class in Florida?
- 0Nov 15, '10 by BeachCathyRNHello all and thanks for the info in advance. I am and LPN and moving to Florida the end of December and am looking for an IV certification class anywhere in Florida. I need to get certified and get a job as soon as possible.
- 0Nov 15, '10 by NurseCattHi Cathy LPN2RN,
You might want to check out this site. Medical Training, Nursing Courses, ACLS, Clinical Solutions
Hope that helps.
- 0Your are very much CathyLPN2RN. I have a question, how did you find your first job as an LPN? I am a new graduate, got my license in Oct this yr. I am having a hard time finding a job without any nursing experience except for my clinical experience in school. Do you have any pointers? Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks.
- 0Started in a crappy nursing home because they are always desperate and will hire anyone but at least it gets you the experience. I only stayed a few months and worked my rear off because it is always short staffed and then started applying for better jobs, on my second application I got a job in a rehab attached to a nursing home, still always short staffed but much better working conditions, stayed there for 8 months then onto a hospital position. And I did all this at 48 years old, now at 51 going back to school through Excelsior while working full time to get my RN. Good Luck and don't give up with a little hard work you will get there!!!!
- 0The program has been easier than I thought, I graduated 32 yrs ago worked a few years then got married and was out of Nursing for 25 yrs so I had to take 15 pre reqs just to apply to excelsior since back - in the old days - LOL we didn't do pre reqs!! Now I only have two nursing classes left then onto the CPNE! I thought about ISU but just going for my ASN now then will move onto BSN next. We are moving to the Tampa area I believe-so excited!!
- 0Nov 18, '10 by red2003xltIf your in Tallahassee Fl