What is your Hospital saying about travel nurses this season?Register Today!
- by RNERHOUSESUPOR Sep 24, '08Have been looking for a travel assignment in South Florida for a bit. Want to come in November but is seems that nothing is opening up. Have worked the past two winters without too much of a problem, but was with another company at that time. Am with a hospital specific company right now and the recruiter doesn't seem to want to push for me much. Any suggestions on another company that does OR staffing?? Thanks,
- Oct 3, '08 by FL-MOM-O-3There are not many openings in Ft. Myers area. Some nurses are being sent home and a lot are even willing to work different floors and some nurses are being floated between hospitals. The census is really low, hopefully it picks up.
- Oct 4, '08 by RNERHOUSESUPORThanks for the info. I have a position I like right now but want to get to Fl. Soon
- Oct 5, '08 by Chica_bella813Yes I am in Tampa and the census has been dropping here. I dont think too many snow birds are coming down as we usually anticipate. I believe it's due to the economy. Its sucks because you are not able to pick up overtime like you could in the past. They either send you home early or cancel you.
I have been thinking about traveling nursing or taking a contract somewhere . I have never done either.
Unsure what to do....
- Oct 7, '08 by lpnfloridaThere will be no travelers hired for Fort Myers this year, that was announced a few weeks ago.
- Oct 7, '08 by RNERHOUSESUPORWell I guess I won't try to get an assignment there. Have been told by my recruiter that everyone seems to be slow in the interview process and maybe waiting around till after the election to see what people are going to do. I would imagine that there will be a mad rush when things sort of settle down. Hospitals have tried in vain in the past to "eliminate the need for travel nurses" it hasn't worked and I don't foresee it working. You can only stretch a nurse so far before they snap back and it's not a pretty sight.
- Oct 7, '08 by ZooMommyRNWe're down to only one agency nurse on our floor and that's counting both day & night shift, ICU has one internal agency, and ER has one, other than that not many traveler's this year, they are slowly building employee base as the local CC puts out more RN's and LPN's every year
- Oct 8, '08 by FL-MOM-O-3Quote from ZooMommyRNYes, I will hopefully be one of the new ones in MayWe're down to only one agency nurse on our floor and that's counting both day & night shift, ICU has one internal agency, and ER has one, other than that not many traveler's this year, they are slowly building employee base as the local CC puts out more RN's and LPN's every year
- Oct 9, '08 by ZooMommyRNBest of luck to you in this last year which will FLY by!! altho hubby swears it was the longest year of his life waiting for me to grad and take boards lol
- Oct 10, '08 by FL-MOM-O-3Hmmm... sounds like my hubby so far and we are just half way through the semester. The light is getting brighter at the end of that tunnel