Valencia Spring 2013 Nursing Class - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 4, '12 by mzladiiDoes anyone know if we do have a OLD copy of our immunizations from when we were a child if we can use that? Im trying to avoid getting shots or titers i do not need.
- Nov 5, '12 by mnc06cAs long as they fit what they are looking for. I had most of mine on my childhood shot record, and actually ended up uploading that same document for most of the immunizations they ask for.
hope that helps!
- Nov 5, '12 by achelekattYes you can use the old copy of our immunizations but some vaccines are valid for only 10 years like the TD (tetanus) vaccine. I had to re-take it cuz mine was taking more than 10 years ago. But yea apart from that I think your old copy will be fine.
- Nov 5, '12 by sexyeveHello guys: My doctor fill out the paper but my hepatitis B vaccines I had it in 2000. I don't know if I have to retake it? Any help? Also, I don't have the tetanus/diptheria and I had varicella when I was 1 year old. Where I can have this shots? I have medical plan, but I don't know where to go. HELPPPPPPPPPP
- sexyeve if you had your Hep B, which are 3 shots taken within the span of 6 months you are fine. I have been hearing that employers want Hep B done every 15 years but for nursing school you only need it once in your lifetime and besides your still within the 15 year mark anyway. For your other shots Centra Care has all the shots, test, and/or titers you could need. Within the email they sent you you should have a list of what they offer and for how much.
- Nov 6, '12 by achelekattI was at Centra Care yesterday and they were out of some of the vaccines like the Varicella. They called other locations too but they were out too. I got my vaccines and my physical done at lakeside occupational medical center in S orange blossom trail they have everything in stock. This is their address:
2314 North Orange Blossom Trail Orlando, FL 32804
- Nov 6, '12 by bdicenzoWould anyone be willing to share orientation packet info with me? I just found out this morning that I'm starting Jan. 7th & I'm worried about being behind with all of our "to-do's". I was told I'd receive an email with all of the information soon, but I really want to try to get as much done before orientation as possible so any information would help! My email is as follows:
- bdicenzo I just sent you the email. First thing to do is the Background package which also includes Immunizations, finger prints, and drug testing. See you on the 16th for orientation!
- Everything is done and passed with flying colors besides the BLS CPR class which I will be doing this Friday and the FIT test. Now I wish we had our book list; Nov. 16th get here already!!! I'm ready to start