Valencia Community College Nursing Waiting ListRegister Today!
- by babe24 Dec 11, '10I am a junior in high school and when I finish high school, I would like to go into Valencia Community College's Nursing Program. I know you have to take your pre-reqs before you can apply to the nursing program, and the waiting list is like a year. So does that mean I will be attending Valencia for 3 years? I am in my dual enrollment program at my school for Medical Assisting, so I will have a job after high school, but what am I suppose to do while waiting to be enrolled into nursing? Should I do any alternatives (like take pre-reqs for BSN at VCC and then transfer in 2 years)?
- Dec 11, '10 by Lizzylove714I used to go to Valencia and decided to move back home (to Ft. Lauderdale) because their program wait was too long. If you were to do all the pre reqs then do the program you would probably be there longer then 3 years because of the year wait. But I heard Seminole state college has a better Nursing program with less of a waiting list. So maybe try that instead? Good luck!
- Dec 11, '10 by babe24Quote from Lizzylove714What school do you go to now?I used to go to Valencia and decided to move back home (to Ft. Lauderdale) because their program wait was too long. If you were to do all the pre reqs then do the program you would probably be there longer then 3 years because of the year wait. But I heard Seminole state college has a better Nursing program with less of a waiting list. So maybe try that instead? Good luck!
- Dec 11, '10 by Lizzylove714I go to Broward College.
- Jan 4, '11 by michellej_1012I start the program in about 6 days. Pre reqs take about a year or so to complete, a year wait and then the program itself is a year and a half. So yeah the total time is about 3-4 years. I do suggest getting some of the classes that are required for your bachelors out of the way. I only needed to go as far as beginning algebra but over the wait I took intermediate and college. I also took a humanities and a speech class... you could probably do more but I took this last semester off to take a break right before the program starts.
Seminole is always another option but they are VERY competitive. As long as you have a 3.8 GPA all throughout your pre reqs then yeah it would be worth it.
- Jan 11, '11 by CarlieChicRNWhat I did was finished up my A.A. (in Psych) while waiting that way, once I finish the program this summer I can transfer directly to UCF to begin my BSN without having to go back to take any basic classes. The program is amazing because of all the clinical experience you get and great reputation. Good luck!
- Aug 28, '11 by Shanna06Seminole had a concurent program to allow you to go strait to your bachelors, the problem is that you have to have all the AA prereqs plus chem and stats to apply, and they accept the top GPA each term. My recommendation is go to Valencia and begin the nursing prereqs like A&P 1&2, micro, math... Im not sure if you have to take english and history before you can apply. once you have those out of the way durring your year wait you would take the other courses to complete your AA so you can move on to a bachelor degree (soon, all the hosplitals in orl will only be hiring BA) so that is when you take your government, english, speech, history, chem, stats. then the year and a half program then you apply at UCF for their BA degree which I hear is completely online.