Valencia College Summer 2013 Students
- 1May 30, '12 by bdicenzoHello Everyone!
I'm Briana, and I'm just starting this thread for any students accepted to Valencia's Summer 2013 program. Hopefully we can get to know each other a bit before we start and help each other out with the whole process!
- 0Oct 13, '12 by bdicenzoAwesome! What's your name? And what campus are you thinking about?
The wait list has been awful, it's always awkward when people ask you 'oh your going to nursing school, when do you finish?' And you have to reply, 'well I start in summer 2013'.... Plus not having any communication with the school until Spring, I feel useless!
- 0Oct 23, '12 by delel012My name is Lourdes (whats yours?) and I would prefer the Osceola campus since it's closer to my house, but I believe that Nursing I is only available in West campus for summer semesters. I know how you feel!, I'm excited that I'm accepted to the program but wish I could do more now!! The wait is killing me!! And I want to buy some txt books and start studying but I'm confused because since being accepted I have seen the book list change 3 times!
- 0Oct 23, '12 by bdicenzoI'm Briana. I think you're right about summer only starting at West Campus, I forgot about that. Regardless that's where I'll be since I live in Winter Springs. I'm more worried about forgetting everything from my prereqs and getting lost because of it! I thought about getting a book or two to start reading as well, but I think I might just give myself a refresher in classes like nutrition, A&P, etc. The Spring semester that starts right before us has a thread on this site as well, I think they mentioned the current book list, I'm not sure how much it will change in one semester!
- 0Nov 1, '12 by delel012Hey Briana, sorry that it took me a while to reply. Do you know where you are on the wait list? would you want to start in spring if it was available? I do!! but I just found out that I'm pretty far down on the list. I also was wondering if you knew about the books we need bc I keep checking the bookstore website and some books that were originally listed r no longer there but a "bundle" has been added that doesn't specify what's in it.
- 0Nov 11, '12 by bdicenzoReally! Wow that's awesome. I wonder where we were on the list!! Either way yay!! I know how you feel, I've been scrambling to get everything done. So far I've finished the background check, fingerprinting & drug testing... I'm hoping Monday when I go to centracare all of my immunizations will be done!