University of Miami ABSN May 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 7 by laurenh11No Prob. I cruised these boards for months to try and figure that out. I had a 3.62 from University of Washington - Seattle and roughly a 3.9 science prereq gpa from a local CC. I double majored in Law, Societies, and Justice (similar to poly sci) and English. I have my CNA license, BLS/CPR, and about a hundred hours of community service related to hospital patient care. I also have 3 years of working with developmentally disabled children in public schools and private care. Hope this helps? What other schools have you applied to?
- Feb 7 by northwestboundQuote from laurenh11Thanks! When did you submit your application? Before the December 1st early admission deadline or after?No Prob. I cruised these boards for months to try and figure that out. I had a 3.62 from University of Washington - Seattle and roughly a 3.9 science prereq gpa from a local CC. I double majored in Law, Societies, and Justice (similar to poly sci) and English. I have my CNA license, BLS/CPR, and about a hundred hours of community service related to hospital patient care. I also have 3 years of working with developmentally disabled children in public schools and private care. Hope this helps? What other schools have you applied to?
My stats are similar to yours (3.7 cumulative GPA, 4.0 prereq from a community college). I also applied to Oregon Health and Science and Loyola Chicago. I didn't have the prereq's completed by the October 1st deadline to apply to UW's ABSN program or I would have. What other schools did you apply to?
- Feb 7 by laurenh11UW is a fantastic program. I have never really left Seattle, so I wanted to try something different. Other than UM, this round, I applied to Seattle University (non-accelerated). I want to see where (if any) I got in before applying to other programs that start after next January to get some CNA experience. These programs include -George Washington - Duke - OHSU and a few others I can't remember at the moment. I submitted my application the day after Thanksgiving.
What have you heard about UM that made you want to apply? Where are you from?Last edit by laurenh11 on Feb 7
- Feb 13 by bellasarah31I found my acceptance letter in my mailbox this past weekend!! I am very excited to meet you, Lauren!! I'm also excited/anxious/overwhelmed/etc! I just sent in my enrollment deposit and am anxious to know what to do next. When are you planning to move to Miami?
Northwestbound, you should hear soon! I hope to meet you in May! I graduated from UF in 2003 with a major in Psychology. My GPA then was 3.0, but my pre-req's that I have taken in the past 2 years were all A's. I also have worked in a hospital as a program coordinator for medical students for the past 5 years, so I think that experience helped too. Let us know when you hear!
- Feb 18 by 802ovHi all! Just got my acceptance letter for May 2013! See you there!
- Feb 21 by jpark31Congratulations to you bellasarah31 & laurenh11!!!
I also just saw my acceptance letter today on myUM. I'm currently from Las Vegas. Where are you ladies planning to live in Miami? Have you guys heard of how the program is from any graduates or anyone still in the program??
If you guys would like to privately chat too, let me know! =)
- Feb 21 by jpark31Congratulations 802ov!! Are you from Florida already??
- Feb 22 by bellasarah31Congrats 802ov and jpark31! There is a facebook group called "University of Miami-Accelerated BSN 2013" that I'm in. Is anyone else? It was created for the class who started in January, but might be helpful for you to see what they've been posting... everything from loans, what books to buy (ours could be different though), scrubs, laptops, when their schedules were posted, orientation, etc. I have found it very helpful! OR we could make our OWN facebook group if one doesn't already exist. Has anyone started one for our class? If not, I can try to create one over the weekend.
- Feb 22 by northwestboundCongrats to you guys for being accepted! I'm still waiting to hear back, am wondering when you guys submitted your applications? Were you early decision or after December 1st? (I submitted mine in January, just trying to figure out when I might find out!)
- Feb 22 by k.waksHey everyone! I was just accepted yesterday morning through MYUM for the summer! I can't wait to meet all of you! If anyone has any suggestions for living I would greatly appreciate it!