Starting to apply !
- 0Hello everyone !
this is my first post, and i honestly need all the help i can get! First of all here is a little bit about myself, im 22 years old, i am a hard working student but i have never been the smartest student in class, and i have always been average with my grades. I am currently attending MDC and my current GPA is 3.28 (i still have a statistics class i have to take) I also had to withdraw from my anatomy class and the lab due to work, but i took both classes this previous semester and received an A & B .
these are the school i am starting to apply to during the weekend. I KNOW ALL NURSING PROGRAMS ARE DIFFICULT, but i am honestly looking for the easiest one possible:
My main goal is to get my BSN as quick as possible (which is why i am considering MDC as my last opinion)
My question to you all: How will those Withdraw affect me even if a passed them my 2nd time around? Does anyone have personal info on these schools? (pros and cons)? What other schools should i be looking at?
im willing to go pretty much anywhere in FL . the schools i listed above are the only ones that have came to mind. please let me know if you would consider any other school !
Thank you all !!!!!!!!!
- 533 Views
- 0Jan 7 by QuendiI would suggest FAU (they have a great program), but the only issue is they are super competitive (as many other programs are). Most applicants have a 4.0 science GPA. I agree with Sonia, save your money and skip the private schools. You will end up with way more student loan debt. This isn't med school. As for withdrawals, if it is only one, and a W (not an F, depends on when exactly you withdrew), typically they are considered neutral and will not adversely affect your chances.
- 0Quote from SoniaRebYes, I have already done all my prerequisites at mdc. I really don't what to go to fiu . I hears Barry has a 2year program that you can finish with a bsnI would suggest FIU, UCF, UNF and USF. UM (super expensive), Barry and NOVA are on the expensive. Do you plan on applying for direct entry into any of these four years BSN program? Do you have ALL the prerequisites (including the liberal arts; ~60 credits)?
- 0Quote from QuendiOk , sounds good! I like fau a lot , just not sure what are my chances to get into the programI would suggest FAU (they have a great program), but the only issue is they are super competitive (as many other programs are). Most applicants have a 4.0 science GPA. I agree with Sonia, save your money and skip the private schools. You will end up with way more student loan debt. This isn't med school. As for withdrawals, if it is only one, and a W (not an F, depends on when exactly you withdrew), typically they are considered neutral and will not adversely affect your chances.
- 0Jan 7 by Jen_Jen88If your bilingual there is a new nursing program by El Turabo. Its a University from Puerto Rico and they have campuses in Orlando, Tampa and Miramar. They have a nursing program but you will be taking classes in English and Spanish. The ones in Puerto Rico are accredited but you'll have to do your research and check if they are NLN or ANA accredited.
- 0Jan 8 by HammockBoundStatistics has to be done before you turn in your application at fau...and the deadline is jan. 15 Those grades had to be done before dec. 31
I know at FAU you have to have completed the TEAS V as well for that application deadline. They only have applications once a year.
Nova has a couple start dates and I believe UM does as well...but they are very expensive. I believe Barry was the highest of all of them.
- 0Feb 8 by xxdumaxxNova was the first school I applied to in December 2013 got a call immediately for an interview and to take the Kaplan exam . . A week letter got an acceptance email. . I ended up deferring my seat until the fall just because I didn't get a chance to apply at any public university/college but I have also been accepted to Barry for the fall but than again I am trying to see if I can get into state schools first . . Will find out my faith at FAU in a week. . . I didn't do to we'll on the teas exam like 70 something which is extremely low compared to some scores I heard some people getting but my GPA Is like 3.9 so not to hopeful there then will try to retake the teas and try to make the March deadline for FIU and the hesi for Broward College and If all fails then I can at least bite my tongue and fall back on either nova or Barry and Barry actually offered me an academic scholarship which would have lowered the tuition but..... not to an amount I would be paying at a public institution. . And BTW nova is 7 semester while all other university are 5 semester . . I really would want to go straight and get my BSN then getting my associate in nursing then taking another year for my BSN so . . . Let's all be stressed together lol