Santa Fe College ASN Class of 2014!!
- 2Jun 16, '12 by ASNHopeful2012Hello to all my future classmates and a gigantic CONGRATS on getting accepted to one of the best nursing schools in Florida! I look forward to meeting all of you in the Fall. I wanted to start this thread to help us all get everything in order. There is so much that has to be done!
I saw they registered me for Nursing Process 1 on my eSantaFe. They haven't determined the cost yet, which is a bit scary. Has everyone scheduled their fingerprint appointment? The lady at the front desk said spots are going fast. Also when and where are you getting your cpr done? I know it has to be Red Cross certified, but does anyone know where you can get it done for less than Santa Fe's $55?
I enjoyed having this site to keep my mind off the "waiting for letter" process. I hope it will also prove useful in waiting for classes to start. I'm so excited, I'm anxious. Once again congrats and I look forward to meeting all of you!
- 8,966 Visits
- 0Jun 19, '12 by KayteamarieHey ASNHopeful2012 =)
I am looking forward to meeting you as well. I am glad you started a forum for this because they helped each other a lot last admittance period =)
I have a question about all of the paperwork we had to download off the site. There are a couple pages that I'm not sure when they are due because it isn't stated on the paper that came with our acceptance letter. It is the Level 2 National Background Check form that we have to sign and the VECHS waiver agreement paper. Do you think we just turn that in with all the other paperwork that is due on the 18th of July?
Thanks!! So excited to meet everyone! =)
- 0Jun 22, '12 by ASNHopeful2012Does anyone know someone who has completed this program? I'm curious how clinicals work. I noticed in the letter it said, "Please note, clinicals are scheduled Wednesday through Sunday, day or evening. Assignments to clinical are at the discretion of the program. Due to the limited clinical sites, student requests are not accepted."
I completed my CPR class last night, I took it with Jennifer and Dan and it was the most thoroughly explained CPR class I've ever taken. Yes everything should be turned in by July 18th.
Also does anyone know if financial aid requirements are different for those in the program? I ask because the ASN program this upcoming semester is only 8 credit hours and finanical aid usually requires you to be enrolled for 12 hours. I don't want to have to take extra classes I don't need.
- 1Jun 24, '12 by luna02525Congratulations to everyone reading this who got into the program. I'm getting very excited! However, I still have a lot of school work to do before the semester even starts...wahhhh! Ah well. Can't wait to get my scrubs and shoes and pick out a stethoscope. Haha.
- 0Jun 24, '12 by CShaiaHi everyone! I was looking on the website trying to find the 2012-2013 handbook, but can only find the 2011 and 2010 handbooks. Have any of you been able to locate the one we need to read over? Luna- I feel the same way about scrubs!! Lol it will all feel real when we put those on! Woohoo!
- 0Jun 27, '12 by luna02525CShaia:
I asked about the current handbook when I made a call for my fingerprint appointment. The office said the 2012 handbook would be up at the end of June or first week of July (so very soon!). However, she mentioned the dress code was not going to change if that was a concern.
Ok book question:
I am getting around to pricing my books and materials and noticed there is something called the "Sim chart 2 year electronic med chart acc". I copied the ISBN into Amazon and there was nothing! I then copied it into google and came up with this: http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/Nur...r-Access-Code/
YIKES! Expensive!!! No way to get around paying less for that one, lol.