KKJA8855... I've never met you nor do I know your real name, but based on our interactions on the HCC Spring 2013 board, I indirectly think of you as a friend already. And as your friend I want to share my opinion even if it is the opposite of yours. So please understand that. That said...
Don't. And there are countless reasons why.
1) You still might win your HCC Spring 2013 appeal.
2) You have at least an alternate level GPA for Fall 2013 at HCC. We know this based on the Fall 2012 HCC thread. You will have your Trig class done by January so your GPA could rise, making your chances even better.
3) $18K Galen tuition. There are far cheaper LPN options in your area, for example:
Practical Nursing | pTEC | Pinellas Technical Education Centers
PTEC even has an online LPN program which you could mold around your work schedule. And PTEC isn't the only choice I'm sure.
4) Weren't you telling me the other day that an ABSN (for me) would be far cheaper (of course quicker) than an ASN-BN? Not only are you taking the "long way" by going to Galen, you'd be paying $18K for an LPN when you can get a BSN at any state school for the same price if not less. If you say "but I need to work" then still, HCC at night (even if it's Fall 2013) will still be maybe $7K.
5) Re: retaking Anatomy 1, 2 and Micro because USF won't take HCC's credits: no one says you have to go to USF for your BSN. Pretty much all of the other state universities (e.g. UCF) have fully online RN-BSN programs for the working ASN. HCC's Anatomy is BSC1085/1086 right? And isn't USF's BSC2085/2086? If that is the case, THAT IS THE SAME COURSE. It's Florida law
, if the last 3 numbers are the same they are identical and have to be accepted.
Let me share the VCC link I shared with you before:
2012-13 Official Catalog in PDF
<-- Click on "State Course Numbering System and Course Prefixes and Headings" on the left, and see the paragraph on the right re: the last 3 numbers being the same.
6) Accreditation issues as a couple other people already mentioned on this thread. You are playing with fire for your future employment possibilities if you go to a school that has "sketchy" accreditation, let's just say that.
I could go on and on about this, especially since you're pretty much down the road from me so it's like you're a "neighbor," lol. But here will have to do.