Required CPR Course for Broward College RN programRegister Today!
- by life180 Feb 16Hi everyone! I was just accepted to the nursing program at BC! Any advice on where to take the CPR, HIV/AID, DV,Medical Errors, TB/HEP courses ? I would like to save some $ if possible, as long as I am meeting the requirements... I read an older post about CPR Florida. They offer the class for $65 and they are approved by AHS.... Thats cheaper than BC and the the red cross so I am considering taking the course they offer. I have no idea about the other classes. Thank you in advance!
- 1,126 Views
- Feb 17 by Friedrice328Quote from life180Hi, congratulations! Me too, i am looking for these HSC courses and CPR. Did u register to any hsc classes yet? I am planning to attend the domestic violence the HSC0691 in central. There is one on Feb 18th 6-8pm, i am asking a lot people about these classes too. I want to get it done before our orientationHi everyone! I was just accepted to the nursing program at BC! Any advice on where to take the CPR, HIV/AID, DV,Medical Errors, TB/HEP courses ? I would like to save some $ if possible, as long as I am meeting the requirements... I read an older post about CPR Florida. They offer the class for $65 and they are approved by AHS.... Thats cheaper than BC and the the red cross so I am considering taking the course they offer. I have no idea about the other classes. Thank you in advance!
- Feb 18 by life180Thank you! and congratulations to you as well! I'm not registered for anything yet, but I'm considering the online classes. they are not available until after the orientation though...
- Feb 18 by Friedrice328hi i found a cpr class at paramount training services for only $45 and it is American Heart association ,way cheaper than BC .
BC is like almost $100 plus extra $ for book and valve and it is long 8 hours class.
The paramount one is only 4 hrs.
it is on feb 22nd Friday 8-30AM-12:30 if u want to join me
The one I picked is on Broward/fort lauderdale branch.
and about the hsc classes on bc. I took all the online ones,I registered for it and paid.
Is that the one that dates are April 22nd something?
go register for it.if yes, u don't have to wait till April to do it. oI emailed all the professors. nce u paid, u can study the course on d2l right away.
Sorry, i dont know how to do private inbox here so I can email you all the info I know
- Feb 19 by life180Hi, thanks for the info! I signed up for the HSC online classes and saw the cpr class at paramount. do you need to buy a book or mask for the class? I am trying to change my schedule so that I can sign up for it.
- Feb 19 by Friedrice328No problem. I called Paramount last saturday before i signed up, they said only thing we need is photo I'd/FL driver license. After I signed up and paid i got confirmation email said bring driver license,pen,pencil,highlighter. And arrive 30 mins early. I will call them again just to be sure what we might need
- Feb 19 by Friedrice328Hi, I called them today. He said we dont need to buy books or valve. Just bring photo id and make sure we paid the class before we attend
- Mar 4 by life180Hi, How did your cpr class go??? I have not had time to take it yet I'm anxious to get it all done. Have you connected with a lot of other students that are starting in May???
- Mar 8 by Friedrice328Hi. The class was actually a lot of fun. I learned a lot from them. Their instructor is Super nice! The class was only 3 Hrs and the rest is just written quiz. That's it! I thought it was going to be hard since it was my first time taking cpr.
I was so anxious too getting all those extra requirements done(those HSC's courses) Don't worry, they're all easy You can do it!
There are 7 students in my class right now that are starting in May too. Which campus are you planning to attend?
- Mar 9 by cookiemonsterpowerHello everyone! You can take some of these courses at miami dade college. They are continuing education classes.