What are your Overall GPA and Science GPA from your Community College courses?
Will you be able to claim Florida Residency now or in one year? Paying out of state tuition for the State University System is 3-4 times more expensive than Florida resident. Private University cost doesn't vary that much between In-State vs. Out-of-State. Have you crunch the Cost of Attendance between your State vs. Florida?
What is the degree of difficulty in getting into a BSN (or ADN) program in PA? Most, if not, all Nursing schools are very competitive to get into in Florida and I assume it is the same in your State.
Are you targeting BSN or ADN programs?
Have you completed all the prerequisites for the Florida BSN Program? Below is the typical BSN Requirement (varies slightly from school to school): https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...TESupdated.pdf B.S.N. Prerequisite CoursesApplicants must earn a "C" (2.0) or better in all prerequisite B.S.N. courses. Science Courses:
- CHM 1032 (3) General Chemistry or other approved physical or life science* ^
- MCB 2004C (4) Microbiology with lab
- ZOO 3733C (4) Human Anatomy with lab**
- PCB 3703C (4) Human Physiology with lab**
* Also meets UCF’s general education requirements. ^ Must be a BSC, BCH, CHM, PCB or PHY course. If anything other than Chemistry, the course must have been taken at a Florida public institution or be an approved course through Academic Services via the Transfer Evaluation Request process explained here. ** You must take the two courses from the SAME sequence: Sequence Option 1 (Human Anatomy and Human Physiology), which is offered at UCF and other universities, or Sequence Option 2 (Anatomy & Physiology I and Anatomy & Physiology II), which is generally offered at state and community colleges. ° Students applying for Summer 2014 and beyond will only be allowed to use PSY 2012 or SYG 2000 on their application (not both). Updated 10-11-2012
- PSY 2012 (3) General Psychology* ° and/or SYG 2000 (3) General Sociology* °
- STA 2014 (3) or STA 2023 (3) Principles of Statistics*
- DEP 2004 (3) Developmental Psychology or SOW 3104 (3) Assessing Human Development
- HUN 3011 (3) Human Nutrition
UCF COLLEGE OF NURSING : BSN Prerequisites