Orlando Health surgery training?Register Today!
- by lkosrn Jun 14, '11I am wondering if anyone who works at Orlando Health currently knows anything about how I go about obtaining a job in surgery without any prior experience in the OR. I have med/surg, trauma PCU, and ER. I have looked at job openings and a requirement is ONE year of past OR experience. It currently work for Florida Hospital and hate it plus if i take their training program I have to sign a 2 year contract or pay out $13,000!!! REALLY? any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Jun 20, '11 by RNbeaconHi
I just accepted an offer at one of the Orlando Health hospitals, and I would suggest you to apply to the job openings anyway because you already have experience in other areas. I have 4 yrs experience in Med/Surg, Neuro, Oncology & Rehab. But I applied to several positions including ICU, PACU, CASE MANAGEMENT, Cardiac, etc, and I got many phone calls to schedule interviews/ offers without having the experience in those specific units. Right now, they are not receiving too many experienced RN applications at all. This is what one of the managers told me. I am curious about why do you HATE FL hospital? I am new in Orlando.
- Aug 13, '11 by livngsacrifce121RNBeacon- I have an interview with orlando health on monday- could you give me any pointers for the interview and/or what I could expect? This is my first nursing interview so I'm just trying to get a feel for what it may be like and how I can prepare. Any information you could give me would be great!
- Aug 24, '11 by soon2beOBrnQuote from livngsacrifce121RNBeacon- I have an interview with orlando health on monday- could you give me any pointers for the interview and/or what I could expect? This is my first nursing interview so I'm just trying to get a feel for what it may be like and how I can prepare. Any information you could give me would be great!
How did your interview go? I have an interview Friday. Any suggestions?
- Aug 25, '11 by livngsacrifce121it went well- I got the job! I'm not sure how it is on different units, but I was interviewed by the nurse manager, charge nurse and two floor nurses- they asked questions about my favorite clinical rotations and why (I'm not sure about you, but I am a new grad so that would change the format a lot if you have experience..), the nurses got to ask their own questions, whatever they came up with- strengths, how you deal with confrontation, difficult patients, where you see yourself in 5 years.. just be confident and make sure they don't get the idea that you think you know it all! (esp. if you're a new grad.). Hope that helps!