Nova Southeastern 2012 Entry Level BSNRegister Today!
- by kitkats4breakfs Jan 31, '12Hello everyone!
I applied to Nova's Entry Level BSN program today for Fall 2012 semester and thought it may be helpful to start up a forum.
If you are:
currently applying or plan on applying, a former applicant, a current student, I'd love to hear from you!
Has everyone finished their perquisites? Does anyone else have a not so competitive GPA (like me)? Does anyone know who is considered a competitive applicant? Where is everyone else applying?
I look forward to speaking with everyone and hopefully entering the Fall '12 class together!
KKBLast edit by kitkats4breakfs on Jan 31, '12
- Jan 31, '12 by samiam856I just applied too! I also applied to five other schools for their accelerated programs...I have a bachelor's and master's......I think a big part of the decision making is your personal statement (or so I've heard). I also think it's a little less competitive than public schools because a lot of students don't want to pay private tuition. My sister goes to Nova for pharmacy and I hear great things about the nursing program. best of luck!
- Jan 31, '12 by kitkats4breakfs@samiam856 I'm so glad you replied. Actually I didn't apply just yet, I just said that because I figured I would receive more replies (btw everything else in my intro is true). I plan on submitting an application as soon as I can afford to pay the app fee. I too have heard of great things about Nova.
Are you applying to any state schools (I have dreamed of going to UF and FSU for the past 3 years, but I am not an FL resident and I'm missing a language requirement)?
I applied to 5 state schools and 2 private schools. I was accepted to one of the private schools so far, but it was 40k a year and thats with a 10k scholarship; I refuse to attend for that reason. I know Nova's tuition is not ridiculously priced.
- Feb 1, '12 by samiam856I applied to Nova, FAU, USF, UF, UNF, UCF, and I'm considering UM....but that's a last resort if I don't get in anywhere else.....
I just know how competitive it is and how many people apply. There aren't nearly enough seats so i figured my chances were greater if I applied to more schools. The way I see it, if I don't get in this year, there's always next
But I really really really wanna get in this year
- Feb 2, '12 by NurseNessa87I, too, have applied to Nova and Barry. I might consider UM as well but it depends if I get accepted to Nova or Barry.
- Feb 7, '12 by yesi27I'm applying as well for Fall 2012!!! I'm just waiting for my last letter of rec which I should be getting today and then starting with the application.
As excited as I am, I'm super nervous at the same time. I had one class which I took back in my second semester many years ago that I did not do well in. Now, 6 years later, it is still haunting me. I did retake the class and passed it with an A but I fear that it is too late. Sometimes I feel like losing my mind thinking that this isn't going to happen, but I've tried too hard and have come this far to just simply give up.
My GPA isn't horrible, but it is definitely not a spectacular 4.0 or 3.7 even lol. I'm just going to apply and if I do not get accepted, I will try again...and again.
- Feb 10, '12 by leandritoHello ..... I AM APPLYING TO NOVA NEXT WEEK I HAVE MY LETTERS OR RECOMMENDATIONS.. ACTUALLY ( 10 LETTERS) SO I HAVE TO SEE WHICH ONE TO SEND.. LOL.. I AM SO NERVOUS I AM FINISHING MY ESSAY THIS WEEKEND... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND LETS KEEP IN TOUCH.. I AM APPLYING TO THE KENDALL CAMPUS.. SO CLOSE TO MY HOUSE..
- Feb 10, '12 by kitkats4breakfsIs their program a 3 year program? I already hold an AA degree and I would like to complete my BSN within 2 years.
- Feb 11, '12 by leandritoI think is 2 and half...
- Feb 15, '12 by FutureARNP53I am applying as soon as I finish my essay. Hopefully I finish it soon. I am so nervous about it though because I REALLY want to be accepted. I will be applying to the Kendall campus.